Chapter 7

"Hehe, we ended up sleeping in the same room," Yuzu said nervously avoiding Mei's eyes. "Yuzu, if you have a futon it would be fine. Right?" Mei asked and looked for a futon. "Well, y-yeah but the problem is we had two when we moved in. When we bought beds we gave them to people who needed them more than us." "I see..." With that silence filled the room. Not until Yuzu spoke, "Uhm Mei I'm gonna take a bath. Is that alright with you since you would be here alone?" she asked her while she was preparing clothes to wear after her bath. "Why would I mind? It's your house anyway." "Alright! You can get more comfortable around here if you'd like to. And oh! also if you're hungry or thirsty you can always grab something from the kitchen." Yuzu said while walking toward the bathroom.

"Taking a bath?" Alissa asked approaching from Ume's bedroom when she saw Yuzu heading to the bathroom. "Y-yeah!" "Alright, have a nice bath, and goodnight!" Alissa said and headed toward the kitchen to drink water. She heard footsteps behind her and saw her daughter heading to the kitchen "Hmm? Mei, what are you doing here?" Alissa asked her daughter with a cup of water in her hand. "I just wanted to drink something, Yuzu said it's alright if I eat or drink something." "I see, you know that you can also take a bath with her, You both are girls anyway. It's also getting pretty late now and if you don't take a bath you need to wait till tomorrow morning." Mei just nodded and headed to the bathroom.

Yuzu sat there staring at the ceiling. '*sigh* why is it always Mei that makes me so nervous? I'm straight yet I can be nervous around a girl! To top it up also my childhood best friend! Ughhhh, I just hate this feelin-.
Knock knock
"Yuzu are you in there?" A voice asked. "Y-yes? Is there something you need?" Yuzu asked confused. "Well mother told me it's better if I take a bath now, otherwise I need to wait till tomorrow morning. Is it alright if I take a fast bath?" Mei asked from the other side of the door. "Uhm, s-sure" Mei opened the door revealing her with her panties and bra only. Yuzu blushed and stared at the walls avoiding her. Mei took her panties and bra off and sat on a small chair to wash her body a bit and went to the bathtub where Yuzu was sitting. Yuzu stared at Mei a bit and looked away. "Uhm, why were you staring?" Mei asked with a small blush. "I-it's nothing, it's j-just uhm your scar, how did you get it?" Mei looked at her chest where there was the big scar. "It's a long story, I can tell you when we get out of here." "Alright, and please don't miss any little detail!" Yuzu said joking.

When they were done, Yuzu handed Mei some of her clothes and laid in bed with their back to each other. "Sooo, mind telling me the story behind your scar?" Yuzu asked. " It started 10 years ago when we were just seven and that same year you left me. After you left that day I was so upset that I began to destroy all my games and all the bears I had. My mother was so worried about me and didn't let me go to school for about a month just to heal up a bit from that. I was getting over it and accepted that you also had your own life, but I just missed you, you were the only person who understood me the most. A month later Himeko moved in the same town and we were neighbors, she was always there for me when you weren't. The only thing she did was comforting and helping me out with my problems, but that wasn't what I needed, I needed you! I wanted just to see you in the real world and not only in my dreams. One day I woke up and heard my father shout at the bodyguards so I walked to the living room to see what was going on. I heard that mother was missing and left without telling anyone. So father was so worried and kept yelling at them for not knowing where she is. He called and called but no one answered. He kept calling and after a while, a man answered him and told him that if he doesn't come with the money he will kill her. Of course, I was young and he didn't tell me that but I heard everything the man said on the phone. When he hung up father ran toward his bedroom and began to grab some money. I asked him if I could come but he refused and got angry at me for not listening to him and stay home. I began to cry, I was scared, he felt guilty and agreed so he called a bodyguard and told him to come with us so he can stay with me in the car. We went to the car and after some time we were there. It was a creepy building and I got scared, my father left me and the bodyguard alone in the car. Thankfully he wasn't a pedo or a pervert he just held me close and comforted me to not be scared anymore and that mother was alright. We waited and waited but no one came, I got more worried and began to cry until I saw my father holding a woman. When he got close to the car I could see how mother was injured and father had small injuries as well in his body. He was angry and pissed off. I didn't understand a thing but all I knew was that he was riding pretty fast to get to the hospital as fast as possible. I closed my eyes trying to calm down and avoid my father's anger but t-then *sob* h-he crashed the car*sob* a-and" Mei couldn't hold it in anymore and cried as much as she could. Yuzu turned around facing Mei's back but stayed quiet as she continued. "H-he *sob* DIED! He died in front of me! *sob* blood was spattered everywhere and I hoped that it wasn't true that all of them died. I closed my eyes trying to avoid the bodies in front of me. I began sobbing and crying until I felt something sharp in my chest, I looked down and s-saw a sharp glass in my chest. After that, I began to feel dizzy and blacked out." Mei wiped her tears away with the back of her hand and turned around to face Yuzu and continued. "I woke up in the hospital and panicked, I was there alone in the room. A nurse came in to check on me, after that I asked her about father, mother, and the bodyguard but she stayed quiet. I got angry at her for not answering me and wanted to run away. But there a woman who stopped me, I looked up and saw mother with tears in her eye looking at me. "M-mother?!" I asked and couldn't believe she was still alive. I hugged her not wanting to let go until I heard her cry. I looked up and asked her why she was crying, she wiped her tears away and looked down at me. She didn't know how to tell me the news but I understood everything by her look. without noticing I began to cry and hugged her tighter. Father and the bodyguard died. After a day in the hospital, we went to the empty house where father ever used to live in. I headed to my room to change and noticed the cut on my chest. I-I hate this scar! It only reminds me of t-that *sob* day! I hate it all! *sob*" 

Yuzu stared at Mei deep in the eyes and felt guilty for not being there when she needed her. She crept closer to Mei and hugged her. Mei's eyes widened and blushed deeply but hugged her back and continued sobbing. "I'm sorry for not being there for you Mei, I really am." Yuzu said while running her fingers in a circular movement on Mei's back trying to comfort her. Mei was logging for her touches, she hugged her tighter and asked, "Y-yuzu?" Yuzu hummed a yes. "There is something I need to tell you. But please, promise me to stay friends and not leave me after what I have to say." Yuzu looked down a bit confused not knowing what Mei needed to tell her. "Promis!" She said and looked out the window. "Well, ever since you came back I-I couldn't think straight. The first day at school when I saw you, I found you a bit attractive and thought that you looked familiar but shrugged it off. When I heard your name in class I was so in shock, I was happy to see you again and also happy that you still remembered me. But there was a feeling that would come whenever I would be close to you. I didn't understand that feeling, as time came by it only grew and grew. That time when I kissed your cheek I loved it but was also embarrassed. I didn't know why I wanted to do it again but now I understand everything" Mei looked up and saw Yuzu staring out the window. She chubbed her cheek making her look at her. "I, even as a girl t-think that I'm in love with a girl. That girl is in front of me. Even though we are childhood best friends. Y-Yuzu, I l-love you" Mei said shyly and let go of Yuzu's cheek then turned her back to Yuzu and stared at the walls. 'Shit, shit, shit!!! I confessed to her. She hates that whole gay idea and here I am, confessing to her!' Mei began tearing up knowing she will get rejected.

Yuzu couldn't move an inch and her heart was pounding so fast that it could just jump out of her chest. She then looked at Mei blushed even more. "Umm, M-Mei can you p-please face me?" She asked nervously. Mei didn't answer her and tears kept falling on her cheeks. Yuzu chubbed her face making her look at her. "Is it true?" Yuzu asked, "W-what do you mean?" "That you love me. Is it true?" Mei looked away scared that Yuzu would get upset. "I hate making jokes when it comes to love Yuzu. So y-yeah, I-I'm in lov-hmp?!" Yuzu cut her off with a very passionate kiss that melted Mei so easily. Mei kissed back and wrapped her arm around her neck. "mmmm~" Mei moaned in the kiss. "mmm~ hahh~" Yuzu moaned and parted their lips leaving a strand of saliva between their lips. "I thought you hated the idea of two girls making out," Mei said teasingly and hid her head in Yuzu's neck. "W-well yeah but ever since I saw you again and that day when you kissed my cheek. I couldn't think straight either or get you out of my mind." Yuzu said shyly and held Mei closer. "So that means that you and I were in love with each other this whole time and we didn't even make a move and just avoided each other, well at least I did kiss you on your cheek and with that, I won your heart!" Mei said and cuddeled Yuzu. 

Yuzu only smiled at her and run her fingers on Mei's back. "Goodnight Mei," "mmm goodnight Yuzu," Mei said and nuzzled her face in Yuzu's neck. They stayed in that position until sleep took over them.

To Be Continued...