Chapter 50

"Bye guys! Be home safe" Yuzu waved at them before driving off the parking lot heading home.

Mei, Hito and Akino were with her in the car since they are still staying over. Ume wanted to spend some time with the kids so she came along for the night.

"So mama, how are you doing?" Yuzu asked sweetly as she intertwined her fingers with Mei's making the older woman smile noticing it. 

"I am doing good dear, Alissa and Aura come and stay a lot of time though" she chuckled.

Yuzu smiled at her through the mirror, "Good to hear you are not alone. Sorry, I haven't visited you for quite a time. How about the four of us come over next week?"

Ume smiled, "Of course, you four are always welcome and you know that"

Mei smiled at them before leaning into Yuzu.

Yuzu smiled at the contact and kissed the top of her head before giving the attention to the road, "You okay baby? If you want, we can stop somewhere and get you anything you want" she said softly before looking behind her and then back on the road, "Kids, mama, do you guys need anything before we get home?"

They all shook their heads, the kids continued playing with Ume while Mei caressed Yuzu's hand softly and smiled to herself in satisfaction making Yuzu chuckle at her.

"So, what is my princess smiling about?"

Mei smiled and kissed her palm, softly, "I am just happy that we are together, like... I seriously lost all hopes the day he got me" she felt a tear roll but wiped it immediately.

Yuzu was a little sad at how Mei had to leave in that life. She grabbed Mei's hand to her lips planting multiple kisses on it making Mei giggle at her. Yuzu smiled knowing she made her happy and kissed it one long, passionate kiss before letting it go away from her lips.

"Baby, be honest with me. Do the kids know him? Like how is with you or how he is a bad guy?" Yuzu asked in a whisper.

Mei shook her head fast, "No, he was always home when they were asleep. They don't even know what he looks like... which I am happy for but also not, they never got two parents to get love from, b-but now... they have you and I am so happy for that" she smiled weakly.

Yuzu sighed and looked into the mirror to see the kids talk happily with Ume about school and random stuff. 

"I really can't understand how a person like him deserves a family, like... he forced u to have them, and then he just simply doesn't want to get involved with them?!" Whispered hardly making Mei calm her.

"Yuzu, calm down. He is gone like you always say to me and I am glad he is" Mei said softly while caressing her cheek.

Yuzu sighed once again and slowed down the car, "Sorry, I just... I don't know. I am sorry baby, It won't happen again" she apologized and let Mei fully lean into her and continued driving.

After the drive home, Yuzu showed Ume her room and they tucked the kids in bed.

"Goodnight babies, don't talk about the past. Mei, you need to get some good rest and not think about him" Ume said smiling softly at them.

Mei smiled weakly and nodded, "I will try aunt, goodnight"

"Nigh mama"

They headed upstairs and once they got there, Yuzu grabbed Mei bridal style making Mei squeal and giggle at her. 

Yuzu laughed at her and walked to their room.

Putting Mei down once they got in, she closed the door and stripped each other's clothes before laying under the sheets.

This time it was Mei to hug Yuzu closer into her bare chest. Yuzu smiled and buried her face into the woman's breasts making Mei giggle slightly.

"Night baby, I love you so much" Yuzu mumbled feeling Mei with her hair as she planted soft kisses on her head.

Mei smiled to herself, "Good night love, I love you too" 

-

"N-no"

"STOP!"

"PLEASE! N-NO MORE AAAAAAAH!"

Mei screamed in her dreams making Yuzu jump slightly at that.

Yuzu rubbed her eyes and looked at Mei to see her actually having a nightmare, so she held her tightly not letting go as she whispered sweet things into her ears. 

"Shh, it's alright princess, I am here"

Mei shifted in her sleep once she heard the shooting of her girlfriend as she kept crying and screaming.

Yuzu tried calming her down by kissing her cheek softly and rubbing her thumb on Mei's cheek. "I am here baby, nothing is going to happen"

Mei's screams died but the crying increased as she held into Yuzu tightly as if her life depended on it. She held her eyes closed and didn't dare to open them. She didn't want to see him once she woke up, she wanted the feeling of Yuzu. 

"Hey it's alright, it's alright" Mei's breath calmed down and slowly opened her eyes to see Yuzu hugging her and saying the sweet thing. 

Felling Mei relax, Yuzu looked up at her and kissed her lips softly, "Everything alright princess? You had a nightmare"

Mei kept letting her tears fall as she hugged into Yuzu and buried her face in the crook of her neck while shaking her head no.

Yuzu kept holding her tightly as she calmed the woman down.

Suddenly the door bursts open revealing a worried Ume.

Mei screamed and hugged Yuzu more as she kept repeating the same sentence, "Get him away from Yuzu! Please get him away!" she sounded terrified, scared. Yuzu looked to the door and smiled weakly at her mother who slowly left. Still worried about her friend's daughter. 

Yuzu looked at Mei but Mei buried herself more into Yuzu. "Yuzu get him away, please" she cried.

Yuzu felt her eyes water at the state of her girlfriend and kissed the top of her head. 

"No one is here, shhh, everything is alright okay?" she rocked their bodies as Mei calmed down a bit, "take a deep breath in and out" Doing it herself, Mei slowly followed till her breath calmed down.

"I-is he gone?" Mei mumbled weakly making Yuzu cry softly.

"He is gone princes, he won't get to you. I am here now, shhh" Mei slowly relaxed into her. Still holding Yuzu tightly and let the sleep take over her again.

Yuzu sighed slowly and kept Mei closer to her as she kept kissing the top of her head.

"I will protect you princess, I will always be there for you" she whispered till her eyes felt heavy and sleep took over her.

To Be Continued...