Chapter 36

*Knock* *knock* *knock*

Yuzu and Mei were having breakfast together when someone knocked on the door.

Ruby went to the door and opened it to reveal the kids, Aura and Alissa.

"Goodmorning ma'am"

"Good morning to you too Ruby" Alissa smiled and entered. "How are you doing?"

"I more than perfect ma'am. Plus your daughter seems to be the happiest ever since she got her girlfriend back" Ruby smiled.

The little kids squealed at the mention of Yuzu. "Whewe is Zuzu?" Akino asked as she looked around the area. 

The three women chuckled at the name.

Ruby leaned down and smiled at the two. "You want to see her?" The two nodded. She came closer to both their ears before whispering. "Then you need to hide and surprise them alright? They are in the dining room eating breakfast, your grandmothers are going to bring you two there" The two smiled and each one grabbed a hand of their grandmothers. 

When they were standing by the door, the two older women closed the kids' eyes since the two were... let's say making out while Mei sat on the table, and almost striping each other. 

"uhum" Aura coughed making the two softly groan, and when they saw who it was they immediately blushed like crazy. 

"Uh, h-hi" Yuzu smiled nervously and put Mei down on the floor.

"I see you two are doing good together, right Mei?" Alissa smirked and headed to the table before taking a seat while the other did the same.

Mei smiled before answering, "I am more than happy to be finally free mother, plus I have this dumb ass back in my life" she leaned her head on Yuzu's shoulder. "Aura- I mean mom, how are you doing? I heard you were the lawyer that helped me get out of that life, I am so thankful for it mom, really I can't be happier"

"Oh dear, don't thank me, Mei. If I haven't had experienced the same thing I would never have helped you since I would find the idea ridiculous like other lawyers find" she playfully rolled her eyes and smiled at her stepdaughter.

"So Mei, what are you going to do now?" Alissa raised a brow.

"Hm? What do you mean mother?"

"Well, about the house you still live in. Are you still going to live there where you had all the bad memories or are you going to move in with Yuzu?"

Yuzu smiled and looked at Mei waiting for a reaction.

"I still need to think about that-"

"Mommy! I don't wanna sweep twere! Zuzu's house bigger! A-and I wow Wuby! Right Akino?" Akino agreed with her brother. 

Mei looked at them then at Yuzu who's grin had got bigger. "Uhm, I guess I am going to move in since I also don't want to be in that nightmare anymore."

Alissa smiled at her daughter before looking at Yuzu, "So Yuzu"

Yuzu's attention went from Mei to Alissa who was talking.

"Those two little beings seem to like you a lot, they have been talking nonstop about Zuzu, mommy's gifliend" she chuckled. "What is the magic you are using?"

"Nothing, it's a natural talent" she winked and the three women laughed at her. 

"Anyways, Alissa and I have work to do. So we need to excuse ourselves, maybe tonight or something we can come by and bring Ume with us for a movie night?"

"Seems good to me, you alright with that baby?" Yuzu asked Mei.

Mei looked at the two and smiled, "I like the idea actually, I do have work tomorrow so I won't be up till really late tough"