Chapter 52

The two relaxed a little in the water before getting out, "Why is it cold all of a sudden" Mei shivered as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Yuzu shivered too before heading to a backpack she brought with her and grabbed two towels out of it making Mei surprised, "s-since when d-did you bring that?" she asked stuttering from the cold.

Yuzu smiled as she walked towards her and wrapped the towel around the younger woman's frame before doing so to herself. "I always come prepared" she winked.

They slowly sat down with Yuzu wrapping her arms around Mei as they watched the nature in front of them. A beautiful, blue butterfly flew on Mei's crossed leg making her chuckle and pick her up. "Beautiful isn't it?" Yuzu hummed at her in response.

Just then, a low growl was heard making them both jump in fear. 

"W-what the fuck was that Yuzu?!" Mei panicked.

"Whatever it is Mei, try to be calm. Maybe it will go away" Yuzu said but deep down she was panicking. 

A low growl was heard again but with a whimper following it. So Yuzu slowly stood up with Mei, still having her arms around the woman as they walked as silent as possible to the sound. 

"Yuzu is-"

"Shhh"

They looked over a bush only for Yuzu to panic more. There was a...

"Oh my God, it was a baby bear!" Mei particularly squealed as she headed to the bear.

Yuzu panicked at her girlfriend's boldness. "Mei, it's dangerous! Come here!" she ran after her. "Mei-" Mei sat there with the bear in her arms while having a sad look on her face, "Oh God did it hurt you?!"

Mei looked up and shook her head. 

"No, but he is hurt. Someone hurt him" 

Yuzu's eyes softened, she walked up to them and hesitantly petted the bear before holding it and held Mei's hand, "Here, I'll hold him until we get out of here. If someone hurt him then they are close"  They walked of that place into the lake once again and sat the bear down. "Let me, I'll treat him" 

Mei was taken back by her action and especially watching her wrapping a sock around his hurt foot. It just made her heart flutter as butterflies danced all around her stomach.

"And done" Yuzu smiled in satisfaction watching what she did but when she looked at Mei, Mei attacked her lips immediately making the blonde blush but also smile into the kiss. 

"I love you, I love you, I love you" Mei kept whispering in between the kisses. 

"I love you more beautiful"

-

"He is all good now ladies" the nurse said patting the bear's butt. 

Yuzu thanked her and wanted to get it but was stopped.

"This animal is dangerous, we can't give it to you to bring it back" Yuzu sighed and wanted to give up but Mei's watery eyes caught her attention when she knew what that meant. 

"B-but I will buy him a big cage and have everything I can. I have the money and since you already knew who I am, you know tha-"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to say this but it is dangerous" Yuzu was beginning to get impatient now.

After hours of trying and calling the police and other people, they were able to adopt it. It was expensive though but the smile on Mei's face was unforgettable. She run to Yuzu and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. 

"Oh thank you, thank you so much"

"You are always welcome baby" Yuzu slowly let go of the hug to look into Mei's eyes and smiled. "How about we buy his stuff so once we have everything we can come and get him?" Mei smiled and nodded. 

"We are heading home to change and then buy his stuff, Where can we buy them?" 

After they bid goodbye, Mei and Yuzu walked back home to see Ume already home. 

"Oh! look who got home!" Ume said making the twin run up to them so they could hug the older women. "So, how was the walk?" Ume wiggled her brows.

Yuzu held Hito and Akino up with her hands as the couple walked to the couches. "It was perfect mama, we swam for a bit and watched the waterfall. And then we heard growls-" and so they told them what happened.

Ume scolded them for doing such a dangerous thing but she could say no. 

Yuzu sighed and sat back as she wrapped an arm around Mei's shoulder, "I can never say no to my princess mama, that's not my problem" This made Ume chuckle.

"Alright, but be careful kids, it's a wild animal" Yuzu groaned as she playfully rolled her eyes at the mention of them being kids. 

"Kids don't get to have a special room for doing special things in their house" she smirked earning a punch in the stomach from Mei. 

Ume turned bright red, "Why did I have to know this... Oh my innocent child" she dramatically crutched her heart.

Mei was already gaming from the heat that rose to her ears and cheeks, "for fuck sakes! That's a secret!" she scolded.

Yuzu whimpered and apologized to both women as she looked down.

Mei giggled at Yuzu's actions and hugged her.

"It's fine honey, you are grown up and have your own life now. I am happy that you are a bad person in hiding secrets but it's fine, really. I will also tell no one so don't worry, your secret is safe with me" Ume zipped her mouth. 

Signing in relief, Yuzu intertwined her fingers with Mei's.

"Oh, by the way, can I see the room?" Ume smirked. 

This caused Yuzu to blush and groan. "Mama!" her mother only chuckled at her actions.

To Be Continued...