Meeting James - Ollie POV - Bonus

School started, and Oliver had a very clear objective in mind. It wasn't good grades, and it had nothing to do with attending as many parties as possible. No. Ollie wanted a boyfriend. He wasn't desperate, but he was in dire need of someone to hug and take on dates. He wanted love. His last relationship ended bitterly, and quickly, and he was left sad and alone. Well, he wasn't exactly sad. Bored? That sounded more like it.

There was Victor Arlington, tall and devastatingly handsome but never around. When he wasn't MIA, he seemed sad, or tired, or on the verge of peeling someone's skin off. Yet no matter how many times Ollie tried talking to Victor, he never really seemed to care. He wasn't dismissive, at least not to Oliver, and he never said anything out of line, at least not to Oliver, yet there was nothing about Victor that showed interest.

Of course, Oliver thought that awfully hot. Ollie would've dated the hell out of Vic if only Vic accepted him! It was truly tragic. But Oliver was a man on a mission and there was no way he was going to let a small bump in the road ruin his good mood. There were other hot guys in school.

Sadly, Ollie wasn't interested in the regular, shmegular, uniform dressed John Does. He wanted someone a thrilling romance! He wanted to be swept off his feet just like in the movies. And he was willing to fight for it!

Fortunately, he didn't have to wait. There was a new guy in school. Ollie was mesmerized. James, that was his name, was precisely what he liked in guys. He was tall. He was muscular. He looked like he had one or two issues that Oliver ached to fix. But what if he wasn't gay? Or bi? Or pan? Or... Oh no. The thought was upsetting. But Oliver wasn't going to allow himself to fall into distress! He was going to go and say hi. Be cute. He was going to find out if James was gay or not even if it was the last thing he did. Well. No. He wasn't willing to go that far. Death was rather bleak, not exactly sexy.

Ollie pretended to bump into James in the hallway. He shoved his head right into James' peck. So far so good! Then he flashed his best smile and introduced himself. James blushed. Win! Then Ollie asked him what class he had next. Literature. Ollie shuddered. Literature! The dreaded subject, a horror, a true nightmare that he had to live through. Though James was here now, so maybe it wasn't going to be that bad.

"Me too!" Ollie said. "Do you want to sit next to me?"

James nodded.

Win! Ollie made small talk on their way to class. James was nicer than he had excepted, a big angry, maybe, but overall, he seemed like a sweet guy. Ollie liked him, but Ollie had a bad habit of liking people too fast and falling for them too hard. He couldn't handle another hard landing; he was going to be cautious for once.

During class, he ripped a piece of paper out of his notebook and asked James if he wanted to have lunch with him. He stared at the sentence, thinking hard. Was his question clear? Not in terms of content, but in terms of intention. Ollie debated. It probably wasn't. In his experience, men don't get subtlety. So, he added a cute little heart next to his message and passed the note. Then he watched James like a hawk, trying to catch each minuscule reaction, each muscle movement. James blushed! Ollie held in his giggles. Yes! Win! He waited for James to finish writing his answer.

Ollie held onto that piece of paper, smiling. He had a date! Well, a kinda date? A lunch date? He thought about it for a little and concluded that he was rushing into things again. He was going to be content with this. For now. He still wanted to go to town, eat ice-cream, and piggyback ride James around. Surely, James would have no issues carrying him.

He reinforced the idea that he was going to be cautious and careful.

That lasted until a few weeks later, during their first swimming class. Ollie was no longer limited by his imagination; he could look at James and see him almost naked. That little part of him that was still covered was just as enthralling that his muscles. Almost! It was almost as enthralling that his muscles! Ollie wasn't a perv. He was a curious, healthy young man. Perfectly normal.

James was looking at him.

"Hi," Oliver said, frowning in amusement. "What? Is there something on my face?"

"No," he smiled. "Breakfast after, right?"

Ollie smiled brightly. "Yeah, of course."

Was this a breakfast date? Was that even a thing? Were they going to kiss afterward? Ollie wanted a kiss. Or more, why put a limit on something good?

This was going to be the next step in his seduction master plan. Get kissed! 

Author's note<3: 

What do you think of Ollie's POV? Is it fun? He's quite a little charmer, isn't he?