Chapter 38

For today Jay and Erin put their outside problems to the side and enjoy this beautiful evening at Yankee Stadium. Jay was getting a day with Erin, Bianca and his Cubs, everyone else did not matter at the point. Erin's team was already waiting at the gate. She walked up to the ticket box and picked up their tickets before handing them out to everyone. They had tickets split between the legend suite 16 and 25. The ones who were fans of the Yanks went to suite 16 and the others went to suite 25. This was a life time experience for the intelligence team, not often do you get to come to New York, work with FBI and now experience a Yankees vs Cubs game.

Before the game started they had the chance to meet some of the players. It was exceptionally hilarious watching Adam and Jay fan girl over meeting the team. Hank remained as humble as posible but on the inside he was shaking. Everyone was so focused on meeting the team no one noticed Kim had walked away. She was gone for a little over 20 minutes, but when she came back they had only popcorn, cotton candy and a pretzel. She handed Bianca the cotton and offered up some popcorn to everyone. As the game started two members of the team would go up and buy beers for everyone, Erin opted not to drink seeing as she was the designated driver.

The first inning was under way, it was a packed stadium 60% Yankees and 40% Cubs fans. Through the first two inning it was a complete shutout, Cubs took the lead by scoring in the top of the third. They advanced the score by collecting a run in the fourth inning. Kyle Hendricks was holding his own on the field, he gave five solid shutout innings until Aaron Judge hit a solo home run in the bottom of the sixth cutting the deficit to only 1. It was now the seventh inning stretch, this is where all the fans come together as one and sing the popular song.

"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team, If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, At the old ball game."

Announcer: let's have some fun! We got the Kiss cam coming around, so you better be sitting next to who you really want to kiss. We have a lovely couple in section 125, how about 225. We got some beautiful couples out there today, how about one more legend suite 25. Look at these two love birds.
Erin: Here's your opportunity!
Jay: I find it strange we talked about kiss cam and now we're on it...
Announcer: Kiss..Kiss...Kiss
Erin: Let's not leave the people waiting!!!

Before you know it Jay is pulling Erin into a deep kiss and the fans around them were happy to cheer  them on. Hank and Hailey on the other hand was giving them disapproving looks. Trudy was one of their biggest supporters and they didn't even know, she was sitting next to Hank encouraging them as well. After their kiss they just stared in each other's eyes, both dimples piercing through and that handsome Halstead grin on full display. The love show was broken up when Bianca decided to crash in between both parents, earning a kiss on both cheek. The fans cheered even louder, this was a cutest little scene.

Announcer: Thanks for all the couples and the little lady in legend suite 25 who participated in our kiss cam, let's head into seventh inning. The Cubs are currently leading 2-1, let's see if the Yanks can give us some answers.

The Cubs quickly answer with 2 run double by  Ian Happ putting the Cubs up 4-1. In the bottom of the seventh Dj LeMathieu hit a solo home run, cutting the deficit to 4-2. Top of the eighth Joc Pederson comes in clutch with a 2 run homer extending the lead to 6-2. In the bottom of the eighth Andrew Chafin was called up, he came in and threw 9 perfect pitches to lead the team to the top of the ninth inning. The Yankees was able to shut them out that inning, but Craig Kimbrel came in and closed the game leading to a Cubs victory of 6-2.

As they were leaving the field, they met up with the other half of Erins team. They watched as Erin walked around with a victorious smile.

Agent Sam: I have to give your team credit they came out to play today.
Erin: Ahhh Thank you, so we still hanging those Cubs flags up for the next week?
Agent Sam: A deal is a deal, we'll hang them up. Oh yea nice Kiss Cam by the way, but not surprised Bianca slid in there.
Erin: Thank you, and I was just as surprised. We're gonna head to dinner you are all welcome to join us!
Agent Sam: Of course we're down, how about that Italian place?
Erin: Yess, a they have the best Italian here. We'll meet you there.
Kim: Did you enjoy the kiss cam?
Erin: I was definitely not expecting that, wait did you do that?
Kim: Maybe, I remember you telling me that he wanted to do kiss cam, and what better opportunity.
Erin: I should've known, Thank you Im quite sure he will appreciate it later.