Chapter 60: Present ⏩ Past ⏩Present

⚠️GRAMMATICAL ERROR AHEAD. NO PROOFREAD.
IT'S A BORING CHAPTER, DON'T EXPECT MUCH⚠️

Heejin closed her eyes and aimed to stab herself

"What are you doing?"

Heejin flinched and dropped the scissors in surprise. She then turned her back and found William, standing behind her.

William was there the whole time, Heejin didn't just noticed him. But he was there, watching his eldest sister.

"Uhm ~ I'm just going to cut something. Why are you here?" Heejin

"I was waiting for you. You've promised that you're going to fix my toy car" William replied

Heejin look at her watch for a second, then look back to William "I'll just change"

Heejin walk passed her brother, and went to the door of her closet. But William spoke, which gained her attention.

"If you're lonely, just play with me. Don't leave us" William

It was unclear to Heejin, she don't understand her brother, but she just smiled and nodded.

When Heejin went into her walk in closet, William quickly pick up the scissor and run out of his sister's room.

Later that night...

Chaeyoung and Heejin are in the kitchen, and making their midnight snack. Both Mina, and William are asleep. So they take that as their bonding time.

"Just a moment" Chaeyoung turned and took a tumbler from the cupboard "Drink this"

"What's this?" Heejin asked

Chaeyoung faintly smile "Just some water of life"

Heejin's forehead creased but she listened to her Korean mother, and drank from the tumbler.

And as soon as the liquid touches Heejin's tongue, the younger girl stopped drinking and put down the tumbler- on the kitchen island.

"UGH!" Heejin's trying her best not to vomit "It's disgusting!"

Chaeyoung laughed "It's just whiskey"

"Why is it in your tumbler?" Heejin asked

"You wouldn't want to see your mother mad, right?" Chaeyoung then asked "How are you?"

Heejin bitterly chuckle "Still trying to cope up. Unexpected things- always happens lately"