[#52]

Everything had happened so fast... she barely could keep up.

While she had been getting ready in a haste, her soulmates had been talking with Yugyeom. The conversation had been kept between them, but it seemed that her soulmates had silently given agreed into staying a bit behind from the married couple.

Yes, even after all. Yugyeom and Y/N were still married.

Loud classical music could be faintly heard from outside. The song was Clair de Lune, and it felt just perfect as the guests were still coming into the palace. The ball hadn't really started yet, so a calm piece would be perfect to welcome everyone.

The night was covered in stars. The moonlight highlighted the hybrid's gorgeous face. She seemed to be turning many heads, but it wasn't only her beauty that was calling attention to everyone outside.

Her crown for some reason glowed under the moonlight, and so did Yugyeom's. Without realizing it too much, every vampire in line to enter the ball moved away to let them in.

The hybrid suddenly didn't look like the quiet and tiny princess she once seemed to appear. It didn't matter that she was accompanied by a man with a certain glowing that made women sigh. Her own aura was changing for the better.

Her knees were shaking, but the second the doors open, all her nerves disappeared and all the confidence she didn't know she had filled her. She no longer felt like the insecure little newborn vampiress someone could easily attack. She may still be a newborn, but she was a queen, and the right hand of the queen of the vampires, and no one could take that from her.

Many jaws dropped down as they noticed who was right next to her. Yugyeom's arm was around her waist, keeping his queen close to him.

As a princess, she was allowed to wear a crown, but it could never be bigger or more spectacular than the queen's, it was an unspoken rule in all royalties during a ball, yet here she was, wearing a crown just as spectacular as Pepper's, although their crowns were very different. One symbolized the darkness of death and the start of something new, while the other one was as red as the blood spilled from her enemies.

Pepper was able to feel her best friend arrival's right away. From the other side of the room, the historian looked at her best friend with a soft smile as maybe a grin might make her look too psycho for the time being... there was some tension in the room after what had happened to the previous monarchs, but thankfully, all eyes were away from that, and the gossip going around was about the newbie princess no one had heard much about.

"I present to you, King Yugyeom of Shinigamis, Queen Y/N of Shinigamis, and Princess of Dobet..." The man at the entrance continued to introduce all seven vampires, but everyone stopped listening including the hybrid.

It had been done... it was official. She had been presented as queen of shinigamis to the world. Even if there were only vampires staring at her, word would spread within seconds. Everyone in the room owned a phone.

The ball was full of vampires... the hybrid had to find a way of finding the traitors between them. She knew the names and the faces, she just needed the locations. Right now, both of them needed to blend in somehow.

"Let's go to the side. With the people still coming, they will soon let us out of their sight long enough."

The hybrid slightly nodded to not be so obvious. She gave a last glance to all her seven soulmates who also looked at her... they smile reassuringly for a second before they tried to take the attention away from the hybrid and the shinigami. The Kim Coven was always able to find a way of getting all the attention by just using their looks. That skill was gonna be handy.