Epilogue

Her entire body was on flames within her. Her blood was boiling through her veins and her mind was just numb. She couldn't think of anything or pay attention to her surroundings. Hobi's hand brought her pure comfort, but she was barely aware of it. Her eyelids were so heavy that they had stopped being opened a long time ago. 

"Oh baby, you will be fine," Hobi whispered as tears threatened to pour from his beautiful eyes as he made his best to make the phoenix in front of him feel better. His warm hand carefully petted the top of her bald head as the almost featherless bird laid on her opened cage tired as hell and in pain. Hobi was being so careful as if she could break any time soon.

Only two months had gone by since Y/N had learned how to transform into her spirit animal, yet it was time... time for the phoenix to be reborn. Five hundred years had already passed for her soul. It had been a long and painful month in which Y/N hadn't turned back, the phoenix was there to stay until the cycle was re-started. Since the start, all her soulmates had taken turns to cuddle with her all day, but as she finally had just one feather to go, Jin and Namjoon had suggested that it was better to get a big and beautiful cage for the bird to be able to turn into ashes without worrying of them going everywhere. Y/N was happy in the cage, of course, it was never closed and it was comfy. Even if she had many cushions to rest, she was currently laying next to her food and water that were situated at the only part of the cage where the ground was just pure metal and not cushioned. The metal was cold and Y/N liked that, it distracted her and gave some relief to her skin from the pain. 

The cage was in the middle of the living room where the rest of the eight members of the coven were. All of them were there for her, but by far Hobi was the one that was having the hardest time because of his talent. He could feel her pain firsthand.

Hobi silently gasped as the phoenix had a spasm that made her little body face the other way. She was laying on her tummy the entire time, but now she was her back. Even with her notion being fogged, it was clear to her that she hated that position. The bird opened her eyes after hours just to look at herself. If she wasn't in so much pain, she would have laughed. She looked like one of those whole chickens that are sold at some markets ready to cook. 

Without her thinking at all, her beak moved to the last feather on her right leg. She pulled it out in one go following her instincts. 

Hobi took a step back right away while the rest stood on their feet to be closer. 

"I'm scared!" Jungkook whispered-cried. Within a blink, Yugyeom had taken the vampire in his arms. Jungkook clung onto Yugyeom with one eye opened and the other one closed. 

Before their eyes, Y/N turned into ashes five seconds after she pulled her last feather. The pile of ashes laid over the metal for what felt like an eternity when in reality after the blink of an eye the gorgeous phoenix appeared once again. The bird majestically flew out of the cage and started to fly all around the room surprisingly not knocking anything down. 

The phoenix stood on the floor for a second before Y/N came back to her human form. The hybrid finally felt like herself once again. That sassy personality of hers was gone but after all, they had gone through, she felt like a brand new person. The hybrid found herself laying on the floor over her tummy with her legs tucked under her body. 

Soon the hybrid felt a hard chest on her back. Two legs went on her sides so his weight wouldn't be on her. His arms wrapped around her waist and his head soon buried in the crook of her neck. Jimin giggled happily as he was finally able to feel his soulmate happy. 

Jimin carefully picked her up in bridal style. All her soulmates thought she would be exhausted, but she was full of energy. Her eyes were wide open and the struggle to keep them open was long gone.