25

Stella's POV

"I'm ready Mommy." Rayne says as she comes out of the bathroom.

"Did you take your ulcer medicine?" I ask.

Besides Rayne having appendicitis she also had some ulcers in her stomach which caused her to get sick so she's taking medicine to clear the ulcers up.

"Mhmm." Rayne says and nods

"Alright munchkin." I say as I pick up my daughter. "Let's get going."

Once Rayne is in my arms I grab her bag then we head to the Mercedes area of the paddock.

When we get to the Mercedes area I head to my room then I set Rayne down on the small couch before I change out of my clothes and into my racing suit.

While I get dressed I look at a diagram of the race track that's on the wall.

After I'm dressed I grab my helmet, my gloves, my neck collar, and my fire proof balaclava then I head out into the garage and leave my stuff on one of the desks

"Up we go." I say and lift Rayne into my arms

Once my daughter is in my arms we walk with Lewis onto the track to stand for the minute of silence.

Yesterday, in the Formula 2 race, there was a crash and a driver named Anthoine Hubert passed away from his injuries.

Once on the track I stand in-between Charles Leclerc and Lewis.

"This sucks." Charles mumbles from next to me

Charles and I raced against Anthoine in Formula 3 along with a few other of the rookie drivers.

"Mommy." Rayne mumbles.

"Yeah Baby?"

"Can I give Mr. Charles a hug?"

Rayne's always called Leclerc Mr. Charles.

"I think he could use one right now." I say.

Rayne nods then she taps Charles' shoulder.

"Yes Rayne?" Charles says.

Rayne smiles at Charles then she opens up her arms to the driver from Monaco.

Charles then smiles at Rayne before he takes her from my arms and hugs her. 

Moments later the minute of silence start so the whole circuit gets silent.

After the minute of silence ends I take Rayne from Charles then I carry my daughter back into the Mercedes garage.

Once in the Mercedes garage I set Rayne down in her usual race day seat.

"Have fun Mommy." Rayne says as I put my curly jet black hair into a ponytail.

"Good luck Kiss?" I question