46

Stella's POV

"Alright." I say as I look at my phone. "Last question then I have to get back to my Motor home for dinner."

I read the questions on the instagram Live I'm doing for Mercedes then I choose one that I like.

"Last question is what's a typical day at the track like for you." I say. "So today I got up at 7 then I made breakfast for my daughter and I before I got her up. After we ate we got dressed and had our daily workout then we took showers and got ready for Free Practice 3. Once Free Practice ended my daughter and I had lunch in our motor home while watching tv then we headed back to the paddock for qualifying."

"I'm ready." Rayne says.

"Alright sweetie." I say. "I'm almost done."

Rayne nods then she sits in a chair next to me so I look back to my phone.

"So after Qualifying ended I did debrief and now I'm doing this." I say. "After this my daughter and I are going to go have dinner and watch our show until Rayne goes to bed at 9 then I'll play video games for an hour while drinking wine then go to bed."

After I sufficiently answer the question I hand the phone to the Mercedes PR Lady then I pick my daughter up and rest her on my hip.

"Look" Rayne says and hands me my phone.

I take my phone from my daughter then I look at the thing she's showing me on my phone.

"Houston Dash have traded Kristie Mewis to the Orlando Pride as Part of a four team trade that involves the Utah Royals and the Washington spirit, who will receive Emily Sonnett and Kelley O'Hara as a part of the deal." I read. "The Orlando Pride also receive Meggie Dougherty Howard, Christen Press, the No. 9 overall pick in the 2021 NWSL Draft, a first round pick in the 2022 or 2023 NWSL Draft, and $140,000 in Allocation Money."

"Kristie going to Orlando." Rayne says.

"I see that." I say as I read that Houston and Utah got a few Spirit players and that the trade will be official after the Challenge Cup.

Houston and Utah got royally fucked in that trade.

Oh well.

Serves the racists right.

"Is that good?" Rayne asks.

"Who knows." I say then I close my phone and look at my baby. "Ready to go?"

Rayne nods so I grab my bag then we head to our home at this weeks track.

"Mommy?" Rayne says as we walk back to our gigantic motor home here at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

Rayne and I are in Barcelona for the 6th race of the season.

After the Austrian Grand Prix I've won the Hungarian Grand Prix and the 70th Anniversary Grand Prix which means I'm in first place in the drivers standings.

The British Grand Prix was not my best day so we'll just move past it.

"Yes baby?" I ask as I adjust Rayne's mask to cover her nose

"Are you scared to race here again?"

The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is where I had my accident during pre-season testing.

"A little." I admit. "But it's my job so I have to be ready to race here."

"Okay." Rayne says then she kisses my cheek. "Stay safe please."

"I will Princess." I say as we get to our motor home.

Once outside our motor home I set Rayne down then I punch in the door code that allows us in.