38

Kristie's POV

"You ready to go?" Tobin asks as she brings me a coffee.

"Mhmm." I say.

Tobin sigh's and hands our coffee's to Christen then she hugs me.

"Be honest." I say as I rest my head on the Forward's shoulder. "She's gonna be okay right?"

"I don't know." Tobin says causing me to tighten my hold on her. "Stella's a strong person, but I don't know."

"Come here." Christen says then she and Tobin switch positions allowing me to hug my girlfriend's sister.

Christen let's me hug her for a while then she pulls back from me and wipe's my eyes

"Kristie I need you to be strong." Christen says. "Rayne's gonna be a mess and you are basically her mother so she's going to rely on you."

I nod then Christen hugs me one more time.

After Christen and I hug we grab our coffee's then we follow Tobin out of the hotel and get in their car.

Once in the car, Tobin drives to the Orlando airport as we all sit in silence.

When we get to the airport Tobin drives through the private plane entrance and head to the private waiting building that's connected to the hangar Stella keeps her plane when not in use.

When we get to the hangar, Tobin parks then we head inside the waiting area and watch the tv in the room.

Stella allows some people to use her hangar to park their planes so her hangar waiting area is always open and staffed.

"They're here." I say when I see Stella's plane pull into the hangar

Tobin and Christen nod then we leave the private waiting area and head into the hangar Stella keeps her plane when not in use.

We get to the hangar right as Stella's comatose body isbeing loaded into an ambulance.

"Oh my god." Christen says as we get our first glimpse of my injured girlfriend.

Once Stella is loaded into the ambulance the EMT's shut the door then they quickly leave.

I assume they leave quickly so they can get Stella to the hospital to keep her alive

"KRISTIE." I hear my favorite little girl yell.

I turn my head towards the sound of the yell and see Rayne running at me so I squat down and let Rayne run into my arms.

"Hey babygirl." I whisper as I stand up.

"Come on puppies." I hear Tobin say. "Let's go to the bathroom."

"It's okay babygirl." I say as I feel Rayne's tears hit my shoulder. "Just let it out."

While Tobin takes the three puppies to the bathroom, I hold Rayne and let her get her emotions.

"You ready to go?" Christen asks causing Rayne to look at her Aunt.

"We go see Mommy?" Rayne asks.

"Yeah Rayne." Christen says. "We're gonna go see your Mommy."

"Okay." Rayne says. "What about the Puppies?"

"We have an off day today so some of the girls on the team are gonna watch after them." Christen says as she runs her fingers through Rayne's hair.

"Okay." Rayne says. "I gotta go get my stuff from the plane."

"I'll get it munchkin." Christen says.

Rayne nods so I take her to the car then we get in the back seat with the puppies and sit in silence until Christen and Tobin start loading the trunk with Stella and Rayne's stuff.

Once Stella and Rayne's stuff is loaded into the car, Christen and Tobin get into the car then we head to the hospital in silence.

"Kristie?" Rayne says.

"Yeah Babygirl?" I ask as I play with her hair.

"I'm scared." Rayne whispers.

"I am too Babygirl." I say.

"I don't want Mommy to die."

"She won't." I say causing Rayne to look at me.

"How do you know?"

"Because I know your Mommy would never leave you." I say as I wipe a tear away from Rayne's face. "Your Mommy loves you so so much and I know she's gonna fight like heck so she can be able to take you fishing again, take you to Disney World again, and so she can fall asleep with you in her arms again."

Rayne goes to say something, but we pull up to the hotel so Rayne pets Lilo, Stitch, and Appa one last time before they spend the day with the girls.

"Thank you." I say when Sam, Crystal, and Syd take the puppies.

"Of course." Sam says.

"We may stop by later." Syd says. "Probably around Lunch."

"Alright." I say.

"Bring the puppies please." Rayne says.

"Of course." Crystal says.

"When it gets around lunchtime I'll text you and see what you guys want for lunch." Syd says.

"Alright." I say then Rayne pets the puppies one more time before Sam shuts the back door.

"Rayne have you had breakfast yet?" Tobin asks as we drive to the hospital.

"Yeah." Rayne says. "I also had some snacks on the plane so I'm fine for now."

"Alright." Tobin says then we sit in silence for the rest of the car ride to the hospital.

When we get to the hospital Tobin parks the car then we get out and head inside the hospital.

Once inside the hospital I let Tobin and Christen do all the talking while I follow while carrying Rayne.

"The doctor is on the last patient of his rounds so he'll be back in a minute to talk to you." A nurse says as I look at my girlfriend.

Stella is hooked up to a fuck ton of wire's and she has a breathing tube down her throat.

"Thank you." Christen says as I carry Rayne over to the chair next to Stella

Once at the chair I sit down in it then I watch Rayne reach for her Mommy.

"Let's wait for the doctor to talk to us then you can snuggle with Mommy Okay?" I say.

Rayne sadly nods then she turns and buries her head in my neck while we wait.

"Come in." Christen says when someone knocks on the door then a man in a white lab coat enters the room.

"Hi." The man says. "I'm Stella's Doctor, Dr. Patrick."

"Hi." Tobin says as she shakes his hand.

"How is she?" I ask.

"Pretty good considering what she went through." Dr. Patrick says. "The internal bleeding seems to have healed itself, the bones seem to have been set properly and are on their way to healing, Stella doesn't appear to have any brain damage that we can see, but we'll need to check it out more when she wakes up along with the nerve damage. Also the burns are first degree burns and are healing well so I don't expect them to scar once their healed."

"When will she wake up?" Christen asks.

"That's completely up to her." Dr. Patrick says then his pager buzzes so he checks it. "I need to take this."

Dr. Parker leaves the room then I put Rayne on the bed so she can snuggle with her Mommy.

"Please Mommy." Rayne begs. "Please wake up."