Pamela's death

Kendall's POV:

"What did you just say?" asked Mum with a shocked look on her face. "I'm gay Mum," I said, smiling at her. "That... You can't be. What about your girlfriend?" she asked in shock, continuing to look at me. "I don't have a girlfriend mum. That was just an excuse that you would accept me," I replied. "You lied to us?" she asked, continuing to be unable to believe it. "Yes mum. I didn't know how you would react if you found out my secret but now was the right time," I explained. "Why do you think we wouldn't accept you? You are my son and I don't care what sexuality you have. As long as you are happy, so am I," Mum replied and hugged me. After Mum said this, I had tears in my eyes and hugged her too. "Thanks Mum. That really means a lot to me," I mentioned as we stood in the wooded area and hugged.

"Do you feel like coming to Pamela and Mr. Mitchell's again?", Mum asked me as we released the hug. "Yeah I'd love to," I replied and we immediately headed to their house. Arriving at their house, we rang the bell first and heard nothing for some time. "Are you sure the two of them are home?", I asked Mum uncertainly. "Their cars are there so they should be home," Mum stated and rang the bell again.

Logan's POV:

When the doorbell rang twice, I decided to go out of my room and open the door. "Mr. Mitchell," Jennifer and Kendall said in surprise when they saw me. "I don't want to insult you right now but you look awful," Kendall mentioned. "You can't say that," his mother admonished him. "Where is your mother, then? ",Mrs. Knight asked, looking at me questioningly. "It's a long story," I replied curtly, looking at the floor. "What happened?" asked Kendall in shock, looking at me. "Come in," I requested to the two of them and took a step to the side so they could come in. "What happened?" asked Kendall worriedly, sitting down at the table with me. "My dad broke in here yesterday. Tied me up, kidnapped Mum, and has.... He took...", I started, but I couldn't say the whole sentence. "Calm down," Jennifer said, stroking my back reassuringly. "What did he do?" she asked again. "He killed her," I replied, noticing tears forming in my eyes again. "Oh my...," I heard Kendall say and I put my hands over my eyes so they couldn't see me crying. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and I could hear Presley's voice. I briefly wiped my tears away and went to the door to let Presley in.

"Oh my God Logan," she said and immediately hugged me. "I left as soon as you told me about Mom," she explained and I hugged her tightly. "Could you maybe fill me in first?" asked Presley, releasing the hug and pointing to Mrs. Knight and Kendall. "Sure, that's Mrs. Knight and one of my students Kendall," I replied. "Mrs. Knight and Mum have been getting along well," I added. "I think we'll go," Mrs. Knight mentioned and walked with Kendall to the door. But before they both left, Kendall came up to me and gave me a hug. "I'm really sorry about what happened to your mom. My condolences Mr. Mitchell," he said and then released the hug. "Thank you Kendall," I thanked him and after that the two of them left the house. When I looked to Presley afterwards, I noticed she had a confused look on her face. "Do all of your students do that?" she asked, puzzled. "No, not all of them. Kendall is more compassionate than the others and tries to be there for everyone he likes," I tried to explain to Presley. "Anyway. Have you called Jake yet?" she asked, coming over to me. "Of course. He said he would be on his way right away," I replied and at the same moment, Jake walked in the door. "Are you two okay so far?" he asked, giving us a hug. "We are fine so far, however we are shocked by mom's death," I answered and looked at him. "We'll get through this you two. I promise you that," he said. "Were you here when your dad broke in?" asked Jake Presley. "No. Logan was the one who overheard everything," she replied, and Jake looked at me. "Have you notified the police about what happened yet?" he asked me.

"Sure. When I was still in the hospital yesterday, I already took care of that". "I... I still can't believe that Mum.... Our Mum just...", Presley stuttered and as a tear ran down her cheek, I went to her and hugged her. "We'll get through this Presley", I said and hugged her tightly.

Kendall's POV:

As Mum and I walked down the path for a while, we continued not to be able to believe our ears. Pamela had been murdered by Logan's father. What exactly happened we didn't ask at the moment because Logan wouldn't talk about it at this point. For Logan this night must have been hard to bear, as he witnessed everything alone yesterday, his mum didn't survive and he drove back home alone. I would love to be with him now, but then everyone would know everything and our secret would be exposed. He can be glad that he has his little sister who is with him now and that the two of them are getting through this difficult situation together. Logan also told us that his father broke in. The shock Logan must have had was certainly great, as he certainly didn't expect it. Facing his father directly is guaranteed to be terrifying. Especially since we now learned that he had killed Logan's mother. Facing a murderer like him would not end well. The question I have now is: Has Logan's father already been caught by the police, or is there a cold-blooded killer still on the loose somewhere here in North Richland Hills, and would still murder other people sooner or later? Maybe even Logan and his sister?