Dinner with the Knight's

Kendall's POV:

It was early afternoon as I lay on my bed watching a wide variety of shows on TV. Because of my rib bruise I should not move much and therefore I am most of the time on my bed. Just as commercials came on, Mum came into my room to inquire how I was doing. "Mediocre but I'll be better tonight," I replied and she looked at me confused. "Logan is coming to stay with us after all," I reminded her and she gave a short sigh. "Right," she said emotionlessly and I couldn't quite understand her mood. "Did something happen between you two again that I didn't hear about?", I asked her with interest, looking at her. "No. Everything is fine. Don't worry about it." "Are you sure mum?". "Yes. Get some more rest and soon we'll have dinner. Do you want to eat together with us downstairs or would you rather eat up here?", she asked me. "With you together in the living room. Can Logan help me downstairs then?". "If you don't mind, I'd like to do that. Logan doesn't know how best to support you without you being in pain," Mum replied and I accepted her decision.

Logan's POV:

Presley and I were watching TV while Jake had gone to shower in the meantime because we had to get ready for dinner. My sister was already showered and sitting next to me in a red blouse and black jeans while I sat next to her in just a shirt and boxers. "Don't you think it would be better if you let Jake in on it?", I asked while we were watching a boring movie. "About what?" she asked without thinking for a second first. "About your pregnancy. He's your baby's step-pop, after all," I explained and she thought about it. "I don't think it's the right time to tell him yet". "Presley how long do you want to wait? By the time the baby gets here, it would be too late. It would be a Christmas surprise for him," I reasoned. "You don't understand. I'm just afraid of how he might react to it. You weren't thrilled about the news either," she reminded me. "You're forgetting one thing. Jake isn't related to us in any way and he's going to react differently than I am," I mentioned and she looked at me confused. "What does that have to do with anything?" she asked, eyeing me. "I have dad's genes just like you, but I'm more prone to outbursts and aggression," I replied and then looked at the floor. "You're right about that but you're better than dad". When she said this, I looked up at her for a moment. "Dad wouldn't have apologized to me after that slap. You showed remorse and realized your behavior wasn't right," she said and I thought about her words until I felt her snuggle up to me and rest her head on my shoulder. "My big brother." She then gave me a kiss on the cheek which made me smile. "My little sister," I spoke, putting an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to me. A few minutes later Jake came out of the bathroom and looked at us with a smile on his face. "You two are cute when you're not fighting. Logan what are you waiting for? Get ready!", Jake ordered and I threw my head back on the back of the couch. "When was I supposed to do that if you were blocking the bathroom the entire time?", I asked him the counter question. He thought for a moment until he said, "Off to the bathroom Logan!". I then got up from the couch, grabbed some fresh underwear and went to take a shower.

20 minutes later

"Do you need a style expert?" asked Pres as I stood in front of my closet dressed in gray boxers. "What makes you think that?", I asked, looking at a few shirts but not quite convinced. "Since you're standing haphazardly in front of your closet and making no effort to get dressed," she concluded, sitting down on my side of the bed. "1-0 to you." "I'll find you something suitable," she decided and set to work. "Do you wear shirts under shirts?". "More often," was my reply and she seemed to have found something for me. I then put on a short white shirt, over that a dark blue shirt with long sleeves and black jeans. "Perfect. Except for your hair. It's all criss-crossed," she laughed. "My hair isn't styled yet either. I'm back in the bathroom," I said, walking out of the bedroom and trying to get my hair the way I wanted it. "Did Kendall say to you that we were all staying over at the Knights or was that just directed at you?", Jake asked me as he combed his hair. "Was meant for all of us," I replied as I was styling my hair up with gel and my hands. "So have you packed all your stuff for it yet?" asked Jake with a raised eyebrow. "No. I'll do it after my hair," I replied when I was satisfied with my hair. Before long we packed everything into bags and backpacks and finally left my apartment with Shadow.