Benny Winchester

Time Jump Monday

Logan's POV:

Now that Katie had found out about Kendall's and my relationship over the weekend, we were both afraid that Kendall's mom would soon find out about it. Katie would only have to blab once and then we would have the salad. I hoped Katie wouldn't blow our cover, even if she had some reason to do so. These thoughts circled in my head as I had just parked my car in the teachers' parking lot and then walked into the school building. Like the last weeks, masks were compulsory at the school, which was not respected by everyone. "Alex please put the mask back up," I asked him as I was about to walk to the teachers' lounge. "Oh come on. It's so damn annoying and it looks totally stupid!" he complained, looking at me. "I know Alex but we have mandatory masks. So please stick to it too," I asked him and after that I went to the teachers' room. "Morning," I greeted my colleagues as I walked to my desk and placed my backpack there. "Morning. Did you hear that we are getting a new colleague today?", Tessa asked me as she came to me. "No. A new teacher all of a sudden for what?", I asked tensely. "Mr. Stark thought long and hard about a new teacher and now he's here," she explained with a smile. "Fair enough. Where is he?", I asked and at the same moment the door from the teachers' lounge opened again and Mr. Stark entered with a young man at his side.

"A good morning to you colleagues. I would like to introduce you to your new colleague," he mentioned and we looked at the newcomer anxiously. "Good morning. My name is Benny Winchester and am glad to be a part of this teaching team," he introduced himself briefly and smiled. "Wonderful. Then I hope you enjoy your new colleagues and if any questions or suggestions arise, you know where to find me," Mr. Stark said even before he left the teachers' lounge. At first, some colleagues introduced themselves to Benny and after some of them already had to go to class, there were only three colleagues left in the room with him. "What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?", I heard Benny say as he walked up to my teacher's desk. "You can call me by my first name. I'm Logan, I introduced myself to him with a smile. "Oh thanks. That makes everything a little easier right away," he mentioned and smiled at me as well. "So what subjects do you teach?" he asked with interest. "I'm in charge of math and physical education," I replied, looking at him. "Oh that's cool. I'm also in charge of math and science," he explained. "Okay, so I guess that means you're my opponent," I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest, to which Benny looked at me uncertainly. "Honestly, you and I are partners for the first time, since I haven't had much experience in practice as a teacher," he explained. "Don't panic, I was just kidding. Okay, so that means you'll be partnering with me to teach?", I asked, looking at him. "Right," he confirmed and nodded.

"Good to know. Ok, my class doesn't start for another half hour where we will have class together in 5CK," I mentioned and Benny nodded. "Cool, I'm looking forward to it". "How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?", I asked with interest. "I'm 29 and you are?", Benny asked me. "Two years younger than you," I replied with a mild smile. "Oh so nothing against you but I would have guessed you to be in your early 30s," he mentioned. "Soon I'll be in my early 30's but it'll be another three years," I replied and smiled.

Time Jump Math Lesson

"Now it's our turn to teach math in class 5CK," I mentioned just as the bell rang for the lesson. Shortly after, me and Benny left the teacher's lounge with our backpacks and made our way to class 5CK. " Logan, what's the best way to start?" he asked me. "You briefly introduce yourself to the students and answer a few questions if any came up," I explained, looking at him briefly. "Okay, I'm pretty nervous. What are the students like?" asked Benny nervously. "They're okay and you don't have to be nervous. I'll be by your side if you need help," I mentioned and now we were standing in front of class 5CK. "Can you turn off that disgusting porn already!", I heard Maya as we both were still standing outside the door of 5CK. "Why? Mr. Mitchell would join in in a heartbeat!", I heard Tony now and Benny looked at me with a somewhat shocked look. "Just don't listen," I advised him and walked into the classroom with Benny. "That's a nice video for the start of the week don't you think?", Tony asked me as I briefly glanced at the blackboard. There you could just see a man having wild sex with a woman. "You turn that video off right now!", I ordered him as I put my backpack down. "You mean the porn?" he asked provocatively, grinning at me. "Right, and now do what I ordered you to do!", I said louder and in response he turned off the video and left the website. "Does it always happen like this?" whispered Benny to me. "Not usually," I replied and he too put down his backpack shortly after. "At the beginning of the lesson, I brought a new colleague. He will be in class with me for the first time," I explained briefly and the students looked at him eagerly. "What should I do again?", Benny asked me nervously. "Introduce yourself", I answered and then he started talking. "Hello dear class 5CK. My name is Benny Winchester and I will be teaching math and science," he introduced himself.

"How old are you?" asked Alex. "I'm 29," Benny replied with a smile. "That means you are still the youngest teacher Mr. Mitchell," Alvin stated. "That's right," I agreed with him. "You're the youngest teacher at the school Logan?", Benny asked me in surprise. "Yes," I answered his question and smiled. "Are you in a relationship?" now Maya asked. "No, happily single," he answered. "Good, if there are no more questions, we will start the class now," I mentioned and Benny stood by my side again.