Heartbreak

Time Jump

Logan's POV:

My weekend was awful. The thing about breaking up with Kendall was killing me psychologically and I wished that it was all just a nightmare and never came true. But alas, my imagination played that out for me, but the reality was completely different. I wrote Kendall some messages, but he didn't seem to have read them yet or he had blocked me and so he couldn't receive any more messages from me. Now it was Monday again and I had to keep up appearances that everything was the same as always and that no one suspected anything. When I thought about the separation again, I was standing at a traffic light just before school. Hiding feelings wasn't exactly my forte, but after a while you learn some things that you initially thought would never be possible. So I first greeted Jacob in the parking lot of the school and then entered the school building with my mask. By now, everyone was used to walking around with the mask on early in the morning until all students had taken the test and it was determined if everyone was negative. If this was the case, they were allowed to take off the masks.

My first way led me to the teachers' room, where I also greeted the other colleagues. I put my backpack down by my desk and sat down on it myself for a short while. Tessa entered the room after a short while and came the direct way to me. "How was your weekend?" she asked, smiling, which could be seen even under the mask. "Crappy, on your end?", I replied. "Quite ok but what happened?", she asked worriedly, looking at me. "I'm single again since this weekend," I answered briefly and then looked at the floor. "Oh no. I didn't know you were taken," she mentioned and stroked my back a moment later. "Yeah almost no one knew that either except for a few family members," I explained briefly. "Did she mean a lot to you?". "Yes a lot but you have to live with that," I explained, then stood up from my desk and put my backpack back on my shoulder. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you Logan," she offered helpfully. "Thanks Tessa. I'll get back to you on that if I need someone," I thanked her and then left the teacher's lounge.

After this brief conversation with Tessa, I made my way to the gym. One of my first lessons was sports with the 5CK. This could be a good time, I thought to myself and entered my locker room. After quickly changing, I walked into the gym where I was already met by a couple of guys. "Morning Mr. Mitchell," the guys greeted me. "Morning guys. Is anyone missing today?", I asked and sat down on the floor with my folder. "Taylor and Jeremy," Alex replied as he took a quick look around. "Well first you guys are going to run five laps and then we are going to play some games," I mentioned and the boys started running the laps.

Max POV:

"Do you guys also feel that there is something wrong with Mr. Mitchell?", I asked Alvin and Sam as I walked beside them. "No. It's just like it's always been," Sam replied, shaking his head. "Don't you think he seems a little sad and down?", I continued to ask. "That can be natural and, if will be all right so far. Besides, it's none of our business," Alvin mentioned. "That's already clear but what do you think can have happened?". "Maybe he got dumped by a woman he thinks is cool," Sam reasoned. "Or his relationship ended," Alvin now mentioned and I looked at him in wonder. "Mr. Mitchell didn't have a girlfriend after all," I stated. "How would you know that for sure? Five years ago when he got us as a class he answered no to the question if he was taken but a lot can change in five years and he certainly won't tell his students if he had a girlfriend in between or not," Alvin explained. "Whatever you say. Whatever happened, I hope he gets better soon".

Logan's POV:

As the boys played dodgeball for almost an hour, this gym class was over again and the boys left the gym after a short while. Arriving in my cabin, I was just checking my messages when suddenly there was a knock. I invited the person in and didn't avert my gaze from my cell phone. "What do you want again?", I asked annoyed when I saw Evelyn. "Well, that's a nice greeting my dear. I figured I needed a distraction from the worksheets," she explained. "And what were you thinking about?", I asked as I briefly messaged one person. "What could an attractive young woman like me possibly want from you?" she asked, hugging me from behind and resting her head against my shoulder. "An admission to a psychiatric ward," I replied, sending the message. "No but that would be a bad thought". "Well I like it," I replied, putting my phone in my pocket and grinning. "Well I was thinking about sex," she explained and started kissing me on the neck. "Forget it Evelyn. Not interested," I declined and took her hands off me. "In case you've already forgotten, I still have that picture of your boyfriend and you kissing. I only have to go to the principal once and you'll be out of a teaching job," she threatened me again. "And if you remember, we agreed that it would be one time sex and nothing more," I reminded myself, crossing my arms in front of my chest and looking at her victoriously.

Flashback

"Alright but just once. Got it?!", I asked her angrily. "Go on Logan. Why do I have to blackmail you into finally doing what I want you to do".

Flashback End

"You don't really think I'm going to give up on more after that mind-blowing sex with you, do you?" she asked, smiling at me. "Evelyn it's going to stay with this one time and that's that," I explained sourly. "Either you have sex with me now or the picture will end up with the director immediately," she threatened again. Thinking for a while about what to do now, I had made my decision. "All right. Where?", I asked annoyed. "Right here, right now," she replied, pressing me against the nearest wall and kissing me hungrily. "What's wrong with you today? You're supposed to make it look like you want it badly too or you'll be out of a job," she threatened me again. "It's okay," I said, kissing her and trying to imagine that this torment would end soon.

A time later

Now that I had finished having sex with Evelyn, we were both getting dressed again in the locker room. "Don't you want to spoil me a little more?" she asked, stroking my bare chest with her hand, "Forget it. I have to go to class now and I think you do too," I mentioned and immediately pulled my shirt over my head. "Too bad but whatever you say," she merely said and shortly after I left the locker room dressed and carrying my backpack. After the gym, my first trip was to the teachers' lounge, where I unfortunately ran into Kendall. "Mr. Mitchell!", I heard him say, but tried to ignore Kendall. "Mr. Mitchell," he said again, suddenly standing in front of me. Shortly after, the bell rang for class and the students quickly disappeared from the break room. "What else do you want from me?", I asked sourly. "We need to talk about this Logan," he replied. "We don't need to do anything anymore. You ended the relationship, in case you forgot," I reminded him. "Logan, this isn't all like it is," Kendall tried to explain. "Are you kidding me! I know exactly what you wrote to me. You never loved me and most of all I'm a complete idiot. So have a nice life!", I said angrily, walking past him and making my way to the teachers' lounge. Before I even got there, I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. I loved Kendall very much and I would take him back in a heartbeat but right now I couldn't. He had hurt me too much.