50. Chapter/The whole story

Kendall's POV:

"I'm so glad to finally see you again and be able to hold you," I said as Logan continued to hold me and look at me with a smile. "I feel the same way," he agreed, brushing away some tears from my cheeks with his thumb. Noticing something at that moment, I quickly released the hug and took a few steps back from him. "What's wrong?" he asked in surprise, looking at me tensely. "I'm sure you're about to find the fact disgusting. I haven't been in the shower in barely two weeks and I don't smell the stench in my room anymore. You're better off than I am when it comes to hygiene," I explained briefly, turning away from him. Shortly after, I felt him hug me from behind and say something to that effect. "Kendall, do you think I was any different in those two weeks. I also didn't shower and totally let myself go," he explained briefly and I turned to him with surprised eyes. "All over my body I have these weird spots that itch like hell and just keep getting more," I mentioned, showing him the spots on my arms. "Do you think I'm any different?". He then pushed the sleeves of his light blue shirt up a bit and his neck was also full of those itchy red spots. "I think I should really go take a shower," I said, looking at Logan. "Very good idea," he agreed with me and nodded. "Do you have to go again?", I asked anxiously as I grabbed a fresh pair of boxers out of my box and Logan walked out of my room. "No. I'm sure I'll be here for a while. Besides, you should thank your mom," he mentioned some more and then went downstairs. Confused, I stood in my room and thought about what Logan's last sentence meant, but didn't know what he meant.

Before I thought any more about it, I went into the bathroom and started to take off my old smelly clothes. When my clothes were finally on the floor, I looked down at myself. Only now did I notice the many red spots on my body that I hadn't really registered earlier. Again I felt this urge to scratch my entire body, but had to resist it before it would get worse. Without thinking much about it, I got into the shower and turned on the warm water. Shortly after, I shampooed my hair and spread the shower gel over my body. The feeling of finally being clean again felt really good. After the shower I dried my hair as well as my body and put on a short shirt and long training pants. Afterwards I left the bathroom and went downstairs to the living room where Logan and Mum were sitting at the dining table. "So how does a shower feel after so long?", Mum asked me as she took a sip from her glass. "Really good," I replied and sat down with Logan. "What did you mean earlier?", I asked him, seeing a confused look on his face. "What was it about?" he asked. "You said I should still thank Mom. For what?", I asked and before Logan could say anything to that, Mum beat us to it. "Oh of course, you don't even know yet. Did Logan only tell you half of it?", Mum asked me, looking at me intently. "Not even half," Logan now said and we had to laugh for a moment.

"Four days ago I went to see him to talk to Logan so you could finally get away from your depression. His condition was definitely worse than yours," Mum began to tell me. "Worse in what way?", I asked Logan tensely. "During my depressive phase, I drank additional alcohol and also smoked a whole pack of cigarettes. Have likewise not been showering like you and my apartment looked awful as well as I did. These red spots all over and dirty clothes," he told me briefly and I looked at him in shock. "You smoked and drank alcohol?", I asked again in disbelief. "Yes, and I'm not proud of it," he replied and Mum continued. "Among other things, I also admitted the truth of the "breakup" in front of Logan". "How did you react?", I asked between them. "At first I couldn't believe it and then I was angry", he mentioned. "My reaction was the same," I mentioned. "Anyway, after that he calmed down to some extent and I asked him if he wanted to come with me so he could see you. His response was no," Mum stated and I looked at Logan in horror. "No? Why is that?", I asked confused, looking at Logan. "Kendall. I really would have liked to see you at that moment but..." "But what? Then why didn't you come with me in the first place?", I asked tensely. "Because I looked like the last bum Kendall. For two weeks I didn't shower, I didn't eat healthy, my clothes were always the same only after a while already with many inexplicable stains and my mood was at zero," Logan told and in a flash my excitement from before was gone. "You never would have wanted to see me like this," he mentioned, looking at me. "I missed you so much Logan," I said and hugged him in response. "I you too Kendall," he agreed and gave me a hug.