Rainy school monday

Time Jump

Logan's POV:

This Monday is a little different than the last few weeks. Before you think something terrible has happened, you're wrong. Although it's not a pretty sight for many students either. I'm not talking about anything other than the new school year starting today on this beautiful Monday. And yes a rainy Monday could not have made this day any better. I was just sitting in the car, standing in front of a red light with the fear of soon standing in a huge puddle under my tires as the rain got heavier and heavier and it gradually started to hail. I'm sure the students are especially looking forward to this super day.

Kendall's POV:

It's certainly not Monday yet, but Sunday if I had to judge by the weather. Rainy with a chance of thunderstorms. All you want to do is lie in bed and watch TV, I thought to myself as I looked out the window at half past seven in the morning. "Coming for breakfast Kendall?", I heard Mum as she called from the living room. "I'm coming," I replied and then changed and went down to the kitchen to get something to eat. "Are you two looking forward to school already?", Mum asked us with a smile. "I hope you mean that question ironically," I mentioned, looking at her disappointedly. "Why is that? You two always looked forward to school, didn't you?" she asked, looking at us in wonder. "It's probably because we were still in kindergarten and we didn't know what to expect after that," Katie now replied and I had to agree with her. "Well you should be happy to still be able to go to school, because working isn't much better," Mum replied and ate a piece of bread. "Well as a teacher you don't have that much to do. You talk the same all day, have time during schoolwork and tests, and have the same vacations as we do," I explained. "And who do you think has to create these tests and schoolwork?". "I'm sure there are templates already. Teachers don't do everything themselves, I guarantee," I answered Mom's question. "Teachers create all their own schoolwork and tests. It's rare that they take old templates from themselves. Likewise, they have to design their own lessons. Prepare what they want to teach you and help you learn it," Mum explained. "Well, I get it. A teacher has more to do than I thought until now," I admitted and took a sip of my orange juice.

"Well, you guys better get going to school. I don't want you to be late on the first day of school," Mum mentioned. Katie and I got up from our chairs, put on our rain jackets and shoes, and lastly took our backpacks on our shoulders. After that, we both left the house and walked to the nearest bus stop. A few meters before the stop, we noticed that our bus had just pulled away from under our noses and we were now, as they say, left standing in the rain. "I hate assembly," I said sourly, checking the bus schedule to see when the next bus would leave. "The best thing would be to walk to school, then we would still be on time," I mentioned. Shortly after, we heard someone honking their horn and a car stopped next to us, which looked very familiar. "What happened to you two?" we heard Mr. Mitchell say as he had the passenger side window open. "We missed the bus and we would be late on the next one," I explained briefly.

"That's really annoying. I can give you a ride if you want," Logan suggested and we looked at him in wonder. "You, as a teacher, would want to take both of us? Especially voluntarily?" asked Katie incredulously. "Or would you rather keep walking in the rain?" he asked, looking at us with a smile. "Honestly, no," Katie and I answered simultaneously. "Then get in," Logan urged us, and we did as he said. "Nice weather for a Monday isn't it?" asked Logan as he just turned into an intersection. "The best you can imagine Mr. Mitchell," I replied and realized he was smiling. "You also don't happen to know what teacher we're going to have for homeroom now do you?", Katie asked him. "I can't tell you that because I don't know where to go first myself," he replied. "This organization of the school is the best again," I mentioned. "You got that right," Logan agreed with me as he pulled into the school's driveway. Logan pulled his car into one of the parking spaces available for teachers and, once parked, turned off the engine. "Off to school," Logan said, getting out and pulling the hood of his rain jacket over his head. Katie and I did the same and were now standing in the teacher parking lot with Logan. Before locking the car, he also grabbed his backpack from the passenger seat and then walked into the school with both of us.

"Already here, too?" asked Mr. Jenkins to Logan. "Already? Did I miss anything?" asked Logan in wonder. "We have a meeting in the teachers' lounge now," Mr. Jenkins replied. "And no one has been able to tell us about this for the last two days?" he asked, annoyed. "No. Mr. Stark just decided this 15 minutes ago," Mr. Jenkins explained. "Well, in that case, we should get going," Logan mentioned and the two headed towards the teachers' lounge. "Alright, off to our classes," I suggested and Katie and I went our usual ways. Once there, I took a step into the class and realized that these were not my classmates. We are the 3KD, aren't we? "Hey Kendall," I heard Carlos' voice come to me also wearing a soaked rain jacket. "Hey Carlos. We were right here weren't we?", I asked looking at him confused. "We were right here, only now we are the 4KD," replied Camille who also joined us. "Right but that means we have a different class?", I asked looking at her. "Right, come with me," she said and we followed her to our class.

"Welcome to 4KD," she mentioned and entered the class. The room had holes in the walls, the paint was already coming off in some places, as well as the chair rails that were also coming off the walls. When I went to the table where Camille was already sitting, I noticed that it had also been smeared by the previous class and the armchairs were also pretty much destroyed. That could be something.