The perfect class picture

Today was Tuesday the 10th of September. A day which for many of you would mean nothing special unless someone you know has a birthday on this day. It is of course about the photo day that takes place today at school. Right now I was in the bathroom trying to get my hair exactly the way I wanted it. Armed with my comb in my left hand and my gel in my right, I finally managed to style my hair exactly how I wanted it after ten long minutes. "What do you think Shadow? Does this style make me look like a sexy gym and math teacher?", I asked, looking at him. Shadow barked and wagged his tail happily. "I'll take that as a yes," I said with a smile and then grabbed my backpack and left my apartment. "Wow. Do you have a date this early in the morning?" asked Dan as he was walking down the stairs. "What, no. It's picture day at school today and you have to look good as a teacher," I explained, grinning at him. "You look a lot like a sexy math and gym teacher to me," he mentioned, eyeing me. "That's exactly the style I've been trying to pull off and with your confirmation, I'm now sure I've pulled it off perfectly," I replied, looking at him.

After this conversation with Dan, I went to the parking lot, put my backpack on the passenger seat and then drove down the streets to the school. Once there, I parked my car in the teacher's parking lot like I do every day and then entered the school. Once in the teachers' lounge, I put my backpack down and looked around. All the colleagues currently present looked at me eagerly and eyed me. "Is something wrong?", I asked confusedly, looking at them as well. "Who did Logan draw inspiration from?" asked Paul, moving closer to me. "I'd say Mr. Grey from Fifty Shades of Grey," Claire guessed. "I say Johnny English," Jacob objected. "I say you're both wrong," I now heard Abby behind me, looking at her. "He didn't take inspiration from anyone. Logan has his own style titled: Sexy Math and P.E. Teacher," Abby explained, smiling at me. "A hundred points," I agreed in surprise, smiling mildly at her. "I knew it. Where's my $15?" asked Abby, walking over to Jacob who reluctantly handed her the $15. I merely looked confusedly at Abby and Jacob, but did not inquire further. After the bell rang for first period, I left the teachers' lounge with a few colleagues, including Evelyn, Claire, and Paul, and we split up into the available classrooms.

"You didn't promise too much," I heard Taylor say as I entered Class 5CK. "I told you what I was going to wear and now I've dressed accordingly," I explained briefly and then sat down. "I'm sure you stood in front of the bathroom mirror for five minutes this morning with gel and comb in hand to get that hairstyle perfect," Alex spoke and I noticed that he too had used gel as had a few others. "Not five, but ten minutes Alex," I corrected him and he looked at me slightly surprised. "Good things take time," Toby now mentioned and looked at me. "Exactly. Why aren't you dressed as we agreed Luka?", I asked looking at him. "Why would I dress the same when it's not even certain that I'm going to pass this big math test of yours? I'll be in the 5CK class photo even though I'll be relegated to 4CK," he explained and sighed. "Luka. You'll be in this class photo and you'll pass the exam. I'll help you so you can pass it," I explained, coming over to him. "How can you be so sure?" he asked uncertainly. "Because I've already been able to help Alex, Max and Kendall pass a math exam and we'll be able to do the same with you," I said with conviction.

"Did you take your stuff for the class photo?", I asked, walking back to the front of my teacher's desk. "Yes." "Then put them on before the class photo," I mentioned and he agreed. "So when do we get our picture taken?" asked Dylan excitedly, looking at his watch. "Usually in 3rd period but we might be on earlier," I answered and a moment later the classroom door opened. "5CK?" asked a young man about my age. "Yes," I answered shortly and looked at him. "For the class photo, please come to the ground floor," he asked us and shortly after, the boys and Maya stood up. Then I went downstairs with my class to the first floor where everything was already prepared for the photos. "Mr. Mitchell," I heard a familiar voice coming from none other than the photographer, Alvaro. "Alvaro, how are you?", I asked, looking at him with a smile. "Quite well. Quite well and with you?", he asked me with a grin as well. "Everything is fine so far. How are things with Mateo?". "Quite difficult at the moment. He has decided not to listen to me anymore and to ignore everything. He's a complicated stubborn guy," he explained and I nodded in understanding. "What does the class photo of 4CK look like this time?" he asked eagerly. "To be exact the 5CK and this year, as you already know, it's going to be just like I'm dressed right now. Blue and black," he replied, looking around at the group. "What am I looking at? A beautiful young girl. How come to see you in this class?" he asked her. "The secretary thought it would be a good idea to put a girl in an all-boys class," she explained and I had to smile mildly. "You need an ally. Logan, you'll have to handle that," Alvaro mentioned, looking back and forth between Maya and me. "I'll do what I can," I replied simply and he led us to a large white backdrop and some chairs.

"How can I make your class photo this year?" asked Alvaro as he looked at the students of 5CK. "The plan was to have the first and third rows wear a blue top and black pants and the middle row wear a black top and blue jeans," I explained briefly, looking at my students. "Good thinking. I would have one special request," Alvaro began and we looked at him intently. "The pretty girl in the second row center," he replied, smiling at Maya. "Agreed?", I asked Maya as she gave Alvaro an unhappy look. "Fine by me," she agreed and looked at me. "Line up, if you please!", Alvaro ordered and we stood in the backdrop. "Where's Luka?", I asked as I looked around. "Here!" he shouted and ran to us, changed. "Everyone happy with their position?", I asked as I looked at everyone. "This is going to be the perfect class photo Mr. Mitchell. I'm feeling it," Alex replied and moments later we were smiling and the photo was taken. "How did it turn out?" some of the boys from 5CK asked as they ran up to Alvaro. "Super great. You'll get the picture in two weeks," he replied. "Do you want to see a new picture of your teacher on the school's homepage?", Alvaro asked my class. "Yes," everyone agreed and looked at me. "We always see a black and white picture from three years ago that is no longer current," Drake replied. "Then we'll make a new one. Come Logan," Alvaro mentioned and I stood in a small backdrop meant for the individual photos. As always, I put on my signature smile and Alvaro snapped a few photos of me. "Which one would you like to have on the homepage?", Alvaro asked me as I stood in front of the computer screen that showed the photos he had taken of me. I quickly chose one and was now done with the shooting for today.