Sibling Love

"Why didn't Mum tell us she was pregnant?" asked Presley, looking at me. "I don't know Pres. I don't understand it myself," I answered and drove through the small villages in North Richland Hills. After a short time as we were now driving on the highway by now, I saw that Kendall was calling. I didn't respond until Presley said something. "Don't you want to talk to him?" she asked when she saw the caller's name on the car's display. "I don't know," I replied curtly, just passing a car on the highway. "Go ahead and answer it. He won't tell anything I didn't already know," she mentioned and I pressed accept on the display. "What's up Kendall?", I asked, continuing down the course of the highway. "How are you doing?". "Overall good, with you?". "Also but I miss you," he replied and I heard a soft "Aw" from Presley. "Is your sister listening?" he asked with fear in his voice. "Yeah, we're just heading back to Minnesota and so I took her right away," I explained briefly. "Oh ok. I wanted to tell you something else," he started. "What Kendall?", I asked eagerly. "When Mom and I were still in North Richland Hills, I told her that I was.... gay," he told me. "She didn't know that yet?" asked Presley in surprise. "Stay out of it Pres," I admonished her, "How did she react Kendall?". "Not angry like I would have expected. She was understanding and accepted it right away," he explained. "At least better than my mum," I mentioned. "What did you expect with Mum?", Pres asked me now. "What did I say to you before?", I asked her annoyed. "Stay out of it?" she asked, looking at me. "Right, then do that too!", I said louder, hoping that now there would be silence.

"So when are you guys back in Minnesota?" asked Kendall. "I'm guessing not until tomorrow, since we'll be spending the following night in a motel," I explained. "I see, I hope nothing happens to you," he said and I had to smile. "Nothing will happen to us don't worry," I reassured him.

Time jump evening

"When do you want to go to a motel?" asked Presley, yawning in response. "There's one around here that's just fine," I replied, noticing that a traffic jam had formed ahead of us. "Oh great," I said annoyed and now stopped in the right lane behind numerous cars. After a short while, Kendall called again. "Are you okay?" he asked anxiously. "Yes. Why wouldn't everything be okay?", I asked in amazement. "There was an accident on the highway near you," he reported. "That explains the traffic jam ahead," I said, looking at Presley. "How did you know we were still on the road?", I asked tensely. "I rather suspected that you would have arrived at a motel by now but I had a feeling you would still be on the road," Kendall replied and I smiled in response. "If it were up to me, we'd be in a bed sleeping by now," Presley mentioned, yawning again. "1 a.m. isn't that late," I said now, looking at her. "As long as you're still catching everything on the highway, you're fine, if not, off to bed with you," Pres explained and I merely nodded. "You're not too excited about riding with your brother are you?" now Kendall asked as he laughed. "Riding with Logan is fine, it's just that he always wants to drive the distance from North Richland Hills to Minnesota in a record time," she replied and I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Don't give me that look. That's the truth," Presley said. "Have a good night and keep on trucking and see you around Logan," Kendall said goodbye before hanging up now.

When the traffic jam had now settled after another two hours, it was now already 3 o'clock in the morning and where we were just on the way to a motel. Once there, Presley had already fallen asleep in the passenger seat. Once in the parking lot, I decided to leave the car alone to get us the key to a room. "Good evening, a room for today?" the young lady at the front desk asked me. "Yes, and if it is possible one with two single beds," I answered looking at her. "Unfortunately, we don't have that available anymore. I could offer you a room with a double bed or one with a single bed," she explained. "The one with the double bed sounds good," I agreed and then got the key. "Thank you," I thanked her and then left the entrance of the motel, now to wake Presley up. "Wake up sleepyhead," I said, shaking her. "What is it?" she asked, annoyed, opening her eyes. "We're at the motel. Come out and then you can go back to sleep!", I ordered and looked at her. "I'm not getting up now. I'm staying here," she said and closed her eyes again. "Come Pres," I begged her, but got no response. "You're a gym teacher. Come up with something so I can get out of the car and then sleep in bed," she said and I knew what she wanted. "You leave me no choice sis," I replied and tried to lift her out of my car, which worked fine.

"There you go," she said, snuggling up to me. "You're lucky to have such a caring big brother," I mentioned and walked up the stairs to our room for the night with her in my arms. "I'm very lucky to have you as my big brother," she said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. Astonished, I looked at her and realized that she was smiling at me. Shortly after, I opened our room with the key from the front desk, turned on the light and laid Presley on the bed. Immediately she snuggled into the blanket and lay in the middle of the bed. Before I lay down, I took Shadow for a walk around the block and then took him into the room as well, whereupon he immediately lay down on the floor and fell asleep. I decided to go to sleep with only my boxers on, since it would be way too hot with my clothes on, and laid down next to Pres. "Can you at least move a little further to the right?", I asked, hoping she was still awake. Unfortunately for me, she was already sound asleep and I responded by trying not to fall out of bed. I decided to just close my eyes and hope for more space. Before I finally fell asleep, Presley hugged me and held me close. Yes, that's what you call sibling love, I thought to myself and smiled.