Teachers' Christmas party

Timejump Friday

Kendall's POV:

After we had finally finished our sports lessons for this week, I was glad that it was now the weekend. In the meantime I was no longer at school, but with Camille and Carlos at my home. The purpose of this was not to enjoy the start of the weekend together. No. We did this to continue working on our final thesis. The three of us were in my room, lying on the floor with notepads and pens, thinking hard about the topic. Carlos and Camille were doing well, but I was already losing motivation after two paragraphs and put my pen aside with a loud sigh. Carlos and Camille just looked at me and thought about what to say now. "You do realize that if you keep this up, we'll never finish the subject, right?" asked Camille as she completed her last sentence. "It's all so difficult on your own. It's much easier with Logan," I replied, putting my hands behind my head. "Logan can teach us about the subject and explain it but he won't write your subject area word for word on your notepad," Camille countered. "Too bad, his writing is a lot nicer than mine". "Don't worry about it. We can do it without a teacher," Carlos mentioned and Camille and I looked at him with wide eyes. "You think we can do this subject without Logan helping us in any way?" asked Camille. "If we did that, we wouldn't have to show up at school on the day of the presentation," I added. "Why would that be?" asked Carlos, confused. "Because we're going to fail!" said Camille and I at the same time, and Carlos looked at us with wide eyes afterwards.

"All right. For you guys, our teacher seems to be indispensable. Got it," Carlos replied and started writing the next paragraph. "Can we call it a day? I just don't feel like it anymore," I whined, looking at Camille. "You already didn't feel like it from the beginning and we've only been working on it for 30 minutes," Camille replied. "Camille, we had school from 8am to 3:30pm today and we've been working on our topic since 4pm. Don't we want to enjoy our weekend?", I asked and Carlos nodded. "I hope you guys are aware that we will be working on it again soon. Whether you have motivation or not," Camille mentioned and I rolled my eyes. "Fine, then we'll leave that for today. What else are we going to do now?" she asked, slamming her notebook shut. "I'm going to text mom to see if I can go see Logan," I mentioned, pulling my phone out of my pocket to write her a quick message. While the three of us talked about various topics, I got a reply from Mum after an hour. "So what does she say?" asked Camille excitedly. "I get to go to Logan's. Expectedly, I will spend my weekend with him," I said with a smile, getting up from the floor and grabbing my big gym bag that was on top of a closet. "Does your boyfriend know about this?" asked Carlos as I started packing two shirts and more into the bag. "No but he will be home for sure and will be happy if I surprise him this way," I explained and in a few minutes I had finished packing my bag. "If you want, we can go," I mentioned and they both packed their backpacks and followed me into the living room. When the three of us had left the house and I locked the door we went our separate ways. "Have a great weekend at your friend's house then. Don't do anything naughty," Camille said, looking at me with scrutinizing eyes. "I can't quite promise you that," I laughed, and after that we parted ways.

Timejump

After another 15-minute bus ride, I had almost arrived at Logan's house. I was only five minutes away from him. With quick steps I walked along the sidewalk until I finally arrived at the apartment block. I didn't need to ring the bell at the nameplate, because someone of Logan's friends was already holding the door open for me. "You must want to see Logan," he mentioned as he eyed me. "Yes. How did you know?", I asked with interest. "Since I overheard that you're with him a lot," he explained with a smile. "Have a nice weekend and take care of him," said the man Logan had called Dan at the time. "Thanks, you too," I wished him as well and then entered the apartment building. With a smile on my lips, I walked up the few steps to Logan's apartment and knocked. Presley opened the door for me and greeted me, as I did her. "Come in," she offered, and I accepted the offer. As usual, I took off my shoes as well as my jacket and then entered the living room. "Is Logan working on the exams again or did he hide in the bathroom?", I asked Presley with a mild grin and looked at her. "No. Didn't he tell you?" she asked me and now I looked at her confused. "Told you what?". "Logan's not here tonight. The teachers at school are having a Christmas party today and he was picked up by Jacob half an hour ago," Presley explained and I looked at her disappointed in response. "Oh. I didn't know about that," I admitted, looking down at the floor. "But hey. You and I could have a nice movie night if you want," Pres suggested and I considered. "Is Logan coming back after the Christmas party?", I asked, looking at her with wide eyes. "I don't know that for sure but I'm guessing yes," she replied and I agreed with Presley's suggestion. "What do you think they're going to do right now?", I asked as we watched the first movie. "I can't tell you for sure. Either they are still eating at the restaurant or have already gone to the school gym and are continuing to party there."