Familiar

Kendall's POV:

Together with Katie and Mum, I was sitting downstairs in the dining room at this time as we were eating dinner. Outside a storm was blowing, which did not set the mood positively. Silently we ate dinner until Mum interrupted the silence after two minutes. "Have you two thought about how we're going to celebrate Christmas this year?" mum asked us, raising an eyebrow. "Why? It's all the same, isn't it?" asked Katie as she shoved the fork into her mouth. "Not quite. Kendall has his friend who might be celebrating with us too," Mum mentioned, looking at me intently. "Could be. I haven't asked him yet. Besides, there's his sister and Jake," I replied, looking at her. "Who's Jake?" asked Katie and Mum at the same time. "His stepfather, who lives in Texas though". "Before you two ask as usual, we're going to Grandma and Grandpa's again too," Mum reminded us. "When the Taylor's are visiting again, I'm going to bugger off to the spare room," Katie explained. Mum rolled her eyes in response and said that the Taylor's weren't as bad as she always thought. "Mum, this is a senior meeting and nothing more," Katie said, looking at Mum boredly. "We'll figure something out so you don't get bored". "So I'll take Logan with me," I mentioned with a grin.

Shortly after, I felt my cell phone vibrate and I immediately took it out of my pocket. Logan's name and number appeared on the display, and I immediately answered it. "Hey Logan," I answered the phone and waited for Logan's greeting. However, this was not as usual. He didn't sound happy, but rather distressed and sad. "What's wrong?", I asked worriedly, noticing the confused looks of Katie and Mum who were eyeing me during the phone call.

L: I've done something terrible.

K: What happened?

As I said this, I slowly walked up the stairs to my room so I could talk to Logan here without being disturbed. I already had a faint premonition of what might have happened, but hoped I was wrong.

L: I never thought I would be able to do this. No one would forgive me for this. How could I have done this? She provoked me and drove me to this action.

K: Logan calm down. Take a deep breath in and out and then calmly tell me what happened.

After that it was quiet for a moment and I heard him slowly trying to breathe in and out. In between he sobbed from time to time and I hoped that nothing bad had happened.

K: Ok. Tell me what happened.

L: It all started with an argument. I threw some things at her as well as she threw some things at me. She said that she hated me and that I was an asshole. After that I gave her a hard slap and she cried out.

While he was telling the story, I heard him sniffling in between and sobbing again at the end. I didn't know who it was about or what topic had caused the argument, but I hoped I would get more information about it.

K: Logan. Who did you give the slap to?

There was silence for a moment until Logan could give me an answer.

L: I hit Presley. My own sister.

K: Shit. How's she doing?

L: I have no idea. After the fight, she stormed out of the apartment.

K: Did something happen to you too?

L: She smacked me hard too and then pushed me to the side so she could get out of the apartment. I don't know what to do Kendall.

Logan in a conflict situation and I was supposed to help him now, which he was supposed to do. He was better at these things than I was, because as a teacher, I guarantee he's had to help a lot of students in similar situations.