Caught in the act

Next day

Kendall's POV:

The first few hours of today are almost unbearable. Once again we had computer science and many students including me hated this subject. The programs on the computer did what they wanted and not what I asked them to do. Whether it was Word, PowerPoint, or Excel. Other teachers like Logan are doing great with these programs with no problems. How do they do it, I wondered as I was about to create a presentation. "How are you doing Kendall?", Camille asked me. "No better than it was five minutes ago. I hate these computer programs," I huffed, hoping the lesson would be over soon. "We have gym in five minutes," Camille noted. "At least something good," I said, looking forward to it. "Since when do you look forward to it so much?", Camille asked me excitedly. "I like sports a lot better than computer science," I replied as we packed our things and finally headed to class. "Another new insight gained. You were never happy when we had PE," she mentioned. "Do you think I liked PE when Mr. Heckwart was teaching us?", I asked, looking at her eagerly. "With Mr. Heckwart everyone hated sports but I don't like it any more now than I did before". I just smiled and after that Camille understood what I meant. "You only like sports because Mr. Mitchell is teaching us now," Camille stated as I grinned at her. "Possibly." "That's your only reason why you like "sports" now. It's just because of our teacher," she added and now we were walking to the gym with our gym bags.

"Good morning students," Logan greeted us as everyone got changed. "Morning Mr. Mitchell," we greeted him as well. "We are now allowed to have sports and without masks?" asked Luke in surprise. "Yes. The director has thought about it for some time and has now come to the decision that 1. it would not be possible to have sports with masks and 2. the infection numbers have dropped significantly and there are hardly any cases anymore. However, starting tomorrow there will be tests and, if they are negative, we will be able to spend classes without masks again," Logan explained and we rejoiced. "So what are we going to do in gym class now?" asked Edward curiously. "I was thinking that we're going to have two play sessions at some point. Depending on whether we are full..." "We're not," Armin interrupted him. "Good, then what I already suspected is occurring," Logan finished his sentence and we looked at him in confusion. "What do you mean?", Zoey asked him. "It means that there are only 15 of you students and I have to play because otherwise it would be unfair," he replied and our two boys Simon and Derek were now fighting over who got to have Logan on the team. "I'll do the division of the teams this time and it's a very simple division. Who is missing did you say?". "Lea." "Ok, according to the class list Lea would be on team 1 and that's where I take over now". "What would the division be Mr. Mitchell?" asked Camille anxiously. "By alphabet. Team 1 consists of: Armin, Camille, Carlos, Clarissa, Cora, Derek, Edward, Kendall and me," Logan explained and we rejoiced.

"That's totally unfair. I don't want so many girls on the team who can't do anything!", Simon got upset. "The team division will stay as it is now and will not be changed. The first game is dodgeball. Group 2 will begin," Logan said and in a short time the game started. I hate dodgeball. I never got the ball off, constantly get shot down, and in the worst case scenario would still get the ball on my head. As I was thinking about the game like this, I saw a ball suddenly arrive in my direction at a high speed. "Please don't let me die," I thought to myself and closed my eyes. But a collision with the ball did not happen because Logan caught the ball in front of me. He looked at me with his typical smile and had the ball in his hand. "Shoot it already!" shouted Derek, but Logan did not do so. He handed me the ball and took a few steps back from the center line so I could shoot. For the first time in my life, someone handed me the ball to shoot. Even if that someone was Logan my friend. "Shoot already faggot!" shouted Simon and I felt personally attacked again. Shortly after, Logan took the ball from me and shot Simon in response. "Hey!" he shouted angrily. "I've told you many times that I don't want to hear that choice of words in my classes and now you've got the receipt for it!", Logan now shouted and Simon angrily walked out of the field.