"We are united again!"

Alvin's POV:

"How long do you think it will take Mr. Thompson to dislocate his hip again today?" asked Alex as we were enjoying our lunch break. "Today I'm betting on five minutes," mentioned Toby as he was playing a game on his phone. "I'll stick with my two minutes," Jeremy mentioned as he was throwing an energy can into the trash can. "Do you guys feel like you miss Mr. Mitchell in PE and math?" asked Drake as he lay exhausted on his desk. "Yes Drake. We all feel that way," I answered for everyone and looked at him. "I just can't understand why Mr. Stark terminated him," I reflected. "He will have had his reasons," Tony mentioned and we looked at him intently. "Are you saying that Mr. Mitchell actually did something wrong?", Jason asked him in surprise. "Well, it could be. We don't know," Tony replied. "Guys other question. Do you think we'll be informed when Mr. Mitchell gets back here?" asked Sam with interest. "Basically yes. He's our class leader so we should be the first to know," I guessed and looked at him.

Briefly peeked into the teachers' lounge:

"Do you think we should tell the boys in 5CK that Logan is back?", Tessa pondered as she looked at Claire. "No we shouldn't. We want the boys to feel true joy for once. They don't need to hear everything from us," Claire explained. "I see. Good idea," Tessa agreed.

"We should get to the gym now. We're already five minutes late," Jeremy reminded us, walking out of our class with a quick stride. "Mr. Thompson won't notice this tardiness," he said. "He'll have dislocated his hip again," some of the boys surmised as I was the last to leave class with Jay and Maya. "Why don't we just stay in class? Surely our teacher will be picked up after two minutes?", Jeremy asked me as we made our way to the hall. "Even if he only lasts two minutes again, we should still show up at the gym despite all of this. Or do you want to be recorded as absent for that?", I asked him. "Mr. Thompson doesn't even notice," Jason replied, annoyed. "You mean he doesn't notice that 16 students are suddenly missing? Mr. Thompson is frail but not blind and deaf," Jay replied and we had to grin for a moment.

"Max stays away from class too, doesn't he," Jason noted. "Right, because he has severe nausea and that's why he's at the school doctor," Maya explained. "Voting people. Who's voting for Jeremy?" asked Dylan excitedly as we were about to put on our gym clothes. "A few boys raised their hands, but the others left it alone. "Are you all voting for Toby?". "We're not voting for anyone. You're already hoping he gets hurt," I explained. "Do you want him to take gym class then?" asked Cole in wonder. "No, not that either but I'm afraid that Mr. Stark will put us through another military teacher like Mr. Heckwart," I mentioned. "Oh nonsense. Mr. Stark doesn't get anything out of this misery here. Don't worry about it," Taylor replied. "Is it actually necessary for us to change? I mean we're going back to class after two minutes?" asked Luke. "Come on guys. Your whining is really awful," I remarked and then entered the gym with most of them. "See. He's not even here," Alex mentioned as we stood in the empty gym. "He's guaranteed to walk right through that door. And he's coming right... Now," I said and everyone stared at the door. But nothing happened. "Alvin you suck at these timing things," Luka remarked. "Thanks Luka," I replied sarcastically and we heard something in the equipment room. Tensely we turned our eyes to the equipment blocked with wall bars and after that we could recognize someone. We couldn't believe our eyes and weren't sure if we were dreaming. "Guys? I think I'm already getting hallucinations from the energys," Jeremy mentioned as our teacher joined us. "You mean because he looks just like Mr. Mitchell?" asked Dylan skeptically. "I think then we're all dreaming right now, because I can see him too," Jay mentioned in amazement.

We all closed our eyes briefly, then opened them again and couldn't believe it. Mr. Mitchell was back. What had happened that he was back at the school? Why didn't anyone inform us? Was this just a trick by our principal or was everything really fine again? These questions buzzed in my head as we continued to stand in front of him, not quite knowing what to do. Drake decided to start and spoke for all the students in 5CK with his action. He walked up to Mr. Mitchell and hugged him tightly. At first, Mr. Mitchell was unsure, but then put his arms around Drake as well. "It's so good to have you back. We missed you so much Mr. Mitchell. We thought we would never see you again," Drake spoke and you could hear him sobbing at those words. Drake was one of the more emotional and emotional boys in the class. Once he shed tears, it must have been a difficult time for him or he was so happy that he can't react any other way. "I missed you guys a lot too," Mr. Mitchell replied, smiling at us. After a long hug, the two of them released it and Drake turned back to us, looking at us with a tear-stained face. We just smiled and after that Dylan took the floor. "WE ARE UNITED AGAIN!", he shouted and we joined in for a short while. "We are reunited!" we shouted in chorus and Mr. Mitchell merely smiled at us. "What are we going to do now?" asked Alex excitedly. "You have sports with me now and that means you're going to run laps for a change," Mr. Mitchell ordered, looking at us seriously. "Gladly Mr. Mitchell," I replied and we ran laps around the gym. "I haven't felt this good in a long time," I heard Taylor next to me. "Me neither but having him as a teacher again is really cool," I agreed and afterwards we played games until class was over again.

One hour later

In between gym and math, we always had religion with Mrs. Carter. Many boys didn't like her as much as I did. She had a character of her own that we didn't really like. Some were firmly convinced that she was the reason for Mr. Mitchell's dismissal, but I didn't think much of that. I was of the opinion that it was something else why Mr. Stark had dismissed our teacher. However, I could not say anything more specific. After religion was over, we waited for Mr. Mitchell to join us for the last lesson of the day. Possibly now we would get answers to our questions. "Alvin. Do you think I should ask the most important question first?", Luke asked me. "Which one do you mean?". "The one about why he was terminated," Luke answered me. "If you want? I think we will have many other questions," I mentioned and shortly after Mr. Mitchell joined us. He put his backpack down next to the teacher's desk and leaned against it. "I think you will have some questions for me," Mr. Mitchell started and Luke had been waiting for that sign. He was the first to raise his hand and we hoped to get an answer to his question. "Luke," Mr. Mitchell said, taking his turn. "Mr. Mitchell our most important question first. Why were you terminated?" he asked and we all looked at our teacher intently. "I knew that would be the first question," Mr. Mitchell began, bracing his arms at his sides on the table. "I'll be honest with you guys and Maya. I didn't steal anything, I didn't violate my teaching duties, and I didn't do anything else that was forbidden. Mr. Stark terminated me for something that was not permissible and never will be. The reason was simply that. I'm gay," he admitted and then looked at us. Our eyes widened as one of our suspicions was confirmed and we sat speechless for a few minutes. There was no awkward silence as Sam once again threw up in the back of the classroom and Mr. Mitchell didn't really seem any happier as a result.

"Don't worry about him. He just can't really imagine it," Jay said as he regained his speech. "Mr. Mitchell we accept you despite this. You're the same cool teacher you were before, except you just like boys," I explained and he nodded in response. "Exactly. Plus, it's really brave that you came out. Doesn't come naturally," Alex mentioned. "That's nice to hear you guys accept me with this. I was afraid that everything would get weird then," Mr. Mitchell expressed himself and smiled briefly. "Oh nonsense. Tell me, how long have you been gay?" asked Jason with interest. "Almost two years." "Are you taken?" asked Maya tensely. "I think that's too private or don't you think?", I asked the group and they all looked at me eagerly. "It's alright Alvin. Yes I am taken," he replied confidently. "Do you have a picture of your boyfriend?" asked Maya again. "No I don't. We both don't believe in selfies," Mr. Mitchell explained. "We hope you're in good hands," Luke said, grinning. "Are you older or younger than your friend?" asked Cole tensely. "I'm older." "Who plays the dominant part in sex?" now asked Toby with a grin on his face. "That's too private my dear," replied Mr. Mitchell and Cole was a little disappointed at his unanswered question. "Do you have any more questions on this subject or may I continue?" asked Mr. Mitchell. "Go ahead," Alex agreed and now he could rest from the questions. "So guys and Maya. Next week on the 22nd of December we will have a field trip together with the 4KD. I was thinking that together with you, the 4KD and Miss Cooper, we will go to the spa to spend the last "school day" before Christmas. What do you say?" asked our teacher and we didn't think this idea was bad at all. "That sounds really good Mr. Mitchell," we agreed with him and rejoiced.

Mr. Mitchell is and will be our teacher and class leader until we graduate next year. No matter what his sexuality, we are united!