No empathy

Two days later

I was jogging in the park with Shadow when I decided to take a quick break. "What's taking you so long?", I asked Kyle as he ran up to me panting. "You're forgetting one important thing about jogging," he started, taking a sip from his water bottle. "Oh yeah, and what would that be?", I asked eagerly. "You're a gym teacher and I'm just an unathletic young man," he replied and I raised an eyebrow. "You used to love to go jogging and now you're flagging? You used to go out of your way to look good with the ladies and now you're letting it all slide," I stated, looking at him. "What good would working out and shaving do me? I can't get any women anyway," he mentioned, looking down at the floor. "Well, that's bullshit. Why wouldn't you get any?", I asked tensely, irritated. "If I looked like you. Shaved, well-groomed, trained then surely the moneyed sluts would fall for you, right?" he asked, looking at me. "Sure. Every day when I go out of the apartment block I have to watch out that one doesn't grab me and want to fuck me in her trailer," I replied sarcastically. "Now that's been a pretty extreme example but what I'm actually saying is that looking like a gym teacher will get you the hookers in town," Kyle explained. "Don't you realize you're talking bullshit right now? I've never had a hooker approach me about having sex with her or that she's just into a guy like me," I shared.

"Young teachers like you have, the better future opportunities, the hottest girls in town, enough dough to afford a bigger and better apartment than Mr. Belington's, and treat yourself to a new car," he enumerated. "I'm happy the way my life is going. I don't need a bigger apartment or a new car, and I certainly don't need a relationship with a woman," I replied, and Kyle's eyes widened. "I can still understand the car and apartment part but for a young man like you to voluntarily give up a hot woman and the awesome sex?" he asked and I looked at him determinedly. "Indeed. I'm glad not to have a bitch on my cheek," I replied with a smile. On Kyle's face you could really see the confusion and that he didn't know what I was talking about. "I'm happy that I'm gay and not straight," I added and now he was looking at me with his mouth wide open. "You're gay? Since when that?" he asked, shocked. "For several years now. I don't want to have anything to do with women sexually anymore," I said firmly and then got up from the park bench again. "So what's sex like with another man?" asked Kyle as he followed behind me. "Same as with a woman, only better," I replied, grinning. "Why haven't you told me this yet?" he asked a little sourly. "Because I know you've always had something against gays and I figured it would be better if you didn't know that from me," I replied. "But with you, it's a whole different story. You're my best friend Logan," Kyle mentioned. "How is our friendship different than with other men who are gay?", I asked.

"I would never humiliate you because of your sexuality," he said. "But other men who are gay or what?", I asked tensely. "Well that.". "What is wrong with you Kyle?", I asked louder and walked faster back to our apartment block. "Logan, now wait a minute," he asked me, running forward to me and holding my arm. "I didn't mean it that way. Hey, I'm sorry," he apologized and looked at me. "I hope so," I merely said and we both soon arrived at the apartment block where I could spot Kendall in the parking lot. "What are you doing here?", I asked Kendall tensely. "I wanted to talk to you since you're also a guidance counselor and I don't know how to handle my current situation," he told me and I just looked at him with wide eyes. "Don't you have anyone else to talk to about this?", I asked, continuing to look at him. "Now why don't you help him out," Kyle interjected into our conversation. "You think you can tell me when to do my job as a teacher now?", I asked Kyle as I now looked at him with an angry look. "Then do what you want but I have things to do," he replied and walked into the apartment building. "What's up with him?" asked Kendall confused. "I don't know. So what do you want to talk to me about?", I asked him as I walked to the door of the apartment block. "Can we maybe talk about this inside?" he asked, looking down at the floor. "Okay, whatever you say. Come with me," I agreed and we both entered my apartment.

"And what do you want to discuss with me now..." That's as far as I got, as Kendall pressed his lips to mine. When he realized I wasn't joining in, he broke away from me and looked at me. "What's going on Logan?" he asked, placing his hands on my cheeks. "Under what pretext did you come to me?", I asked calmly, looking at him emotionlessly. "To spend quality time with you again," he replied, stroking my chest with his hand. I recognized that look from Kendall and was not pleased with what he wanted. "I'm not in the mood for this," I mentioned, taking a step back. "What's wrong with you all of a sudden? You never used to block," Kendall stated, looking at me a little sourly. "I don't always feel like having sex either," I replied, looking at him. "You think I can't talk you into it?" he asked, moving closer. "It's not going to work Kendall," I said firmly and took a sip from my glass that I grabbed from the kitchen. A moment later I felt Kendall guide his hands down my pants and slowly stroke me. "What are you doing Kendall?", I asked annoyed, realizing he was snuggling up to me.

"You're upset and on this while I'm going to calm you down," he explained and kissed my neck. "Stop that right now!", I ordered, but he ignored me. "Kendall!". Now I pulled his hands out of my boxers and turned to face him afterwards. His expression changed from lust to annoyance. "What the hell is going on!!! You've never reacted like this before! You were always happy when we had sex and now you're totally blocking it!" he said louder, looking at me angrily. "Have you actually forgotten what I've been going through the last few weeks! My mum has been killed. I went to her funeral. I lost my mother. Do you actually know how I feel!", I shouted now and felt tears running down my cheeks. Now he was quiet and didn't say anything. "Logan, I..." "I want you to leave now," I decided, looking at him with tears in my eyes. "But I'm sorry..." "Go now!", I ordered, opening my apartment door for him. "I want you to think about what you could have done better," I explained and after that he left my apartment. I then closed the door, lowered myself against it, pulled my knees to me and now I couldn't hold back my tears. I miss mum so much.