Mystery disease

Time jump Monday

Right now I am in a teacher meeting together with all the teachers and the principal of this school. Originally I would have had my 5CK in physical education, but now I had to postpone this lesson and give my students a work assignment in math. They were not very happy about this, of course, but the teacher conference was more important in Mr. Stark's eyes. "I have now asked you all to attend this meeting because there is information regarding the illnesses of Mr. Johnson and Mr. Jenkins. The two are currently in the hospital and will have to undergo tests. According to Mr. Jenkins, it appears to be just the flu, but the doctors at the hospital suspect something else," Mr. Stark explained. "And that is what?" now asked Mrs. Parker tensely. "Maybe from some unknown virus we don't know about yet," Mr. Stark replied. "When will they come back to school?" asked June eagerly. "That remains to be seen what this disease is and how it is caused. Most likely it is contagious. Right now we don't have much information but I hope we will find out soon," Mr. Stark explained and then we were able to resume our lessons.

"Do you have any new information regarding Mr. Johnson and Mr. Jenkins?" asked Tony eagerly. "Not much, really. They are both in the hospital and the doctors are trying to figure out exactly what the illness is," I replied. "It's going to be just a regular flu. Nothing more," Cole surmised. "The doctors suspect a new type of virus that hasn't been discovered yet," I denied his statement. "How are your worksheets coming along?", I asked my 5CK as they were visibly annoyed with my work assignment. "Just about done," Alex replied. "That's sup..." "With the nerves," he finished his sentence, looking at me exhausted. "It's not that bad," I mentioned, noticing Luka coming forward to join me. "If I did this well, will I save myself the exam?" asked Luka as he came to me with the work order that seemed to be filled out. "I'm afraid you can't do that Luka but I'll look at it, correct it and put it in you at the cooperation," I replied looking at him with a mild smile. "What topics are coming for the exam?" he inquired with interest. "Everything from last year," I replied. "Do we have a date yet?". "When would you manage to study everything?", I asked. "Is there also a date in November?" he asked hesitantly. "Early November would be possible. Not later," I explained seriously. "It's fine Mr. Mitchell," Luka agreed and then sat down again.

When everyone was quietly engaged, we heard Mr. Hobbs walking past the classroom, coughing a bit. Nothing major, I thought to myself, and continued to check my messages.

Two days later

Again, I was just at school and found out that Mr. Hobbs was also sick and was at home at the time. Is this all just a huge coincidence or does it have to do with this strange illness that what now maybe Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Johnson have? I'm not really sure but let's hope the doctors at the hospital know more soon.

Kendall's POV:

It's starting to get weirder and weirder. Mr. Johnson, Mr. Jenkins, and now Mr. Hobbs are sick. This is nothing unusual, of course, when teachers get sick, yet it can't be that three were sick at the same time and all have the same symptoms, can it? No one has told us about the illnesses of the three at this time. The only thing we know is that Mr. Johnson as well as Mr. Jenkins are in the hospital right now and the doctors are doing various tests with them. However, we don't know anything more specific at this time. We just had English and Mrs. Parker was just telling us something about the sights all over America. But suddenly she started coughing. Nothing special or unusual, but it still worried me. Does this all have to do with this illness? Why doesn't anyone tell us about the current situation at our school? After all, we students need to know what's going on too.

"What's going on Kendall?", Camille asked me when I was just lost in thought. "I'm just thinking about this novel illness of Mr. Johnson and Mr. Jenkins," I replied, looking down at my desk. "It's just going to be a regular flu. Nothing more," she mentioned, not giving it a second thought. "Are you really that sure about it?". "Kendall, what else could it be. It already won't be dangerous. Just contagious and nothing else," she explained, now focusing again on the task Mrs. Parker had given us, who was now coughing again. I don't think this is all just a harmless flu.

2 days later

Now Mrs. Carter, Mrs. Cortons and Mrs. Parker are already at home. The three showed similar symptoms as also Mr. Jenkins and Mr. Johnson. However, nothing has been found out yet, nor have we students been told what is going on. After all, we also need to be informed what is going on so we know what to do. To my surprise, Carlos, Simon, Armin as well as Lea did not come to school today. This can't be a normal flu.

Logan's POV:

After my lesson in 2CK, I went back to the teachers' lounge and sat down in my seat next to Jacob who was doing geography tests. "Are you making good progress?", I asked, smiling mildly at him. "The way you take it. Word is working reasonably well and I hope it stays that way," he explained, coughing briefly. I quickly turned my head to him and looked at him tensely. "What's wrong Logan?" he asked as he eyed me and I glared at him. "Nothing. I just thought I saw something," I replied as I corrected some 2CK homework. Now that this free lesson was over for me, my next trip was to 4KD. To my surprise, some students were missing, but I thought nothing of it. "Mr. Mitchell?", Riley spoke up. "What's up?", I asked, sitting down in the teacher's chair. "What's going on with the teachers and our classmates?" she asked, looking at me. "I don't know Riley." "You must know something," Derek now mentioned. "I can't tell you what's going on Derek. The principal as well as we don't have any closer information on how the teachers as well as students are doing now."

"What is your assessment of this mysterious illness?" asked Luke. "I think it is not as harmless as most of us think, however we should not overdramatize it either. We should wait and see how it will develop. Because panic won't get us anywhere in this situation," I answered.