Two

"Oh Kai."

My mum sighed the second she saw me walk through the door, visibly in pain and an arm wrapped around my torso.

She stood in the doorway to the kitchen and I smiled innocently at her before looking back at Felix as he closed the door.

"What did you do now?" Mum asked and walked over to guide me into the kitchen to take a seat.

"We were running down in Diagon Alley and I ran into someone." I said. "I think I landed on a piece of metal and broke one of my ribs."

"Sit." Mum pointed at a chair and I pulled it out from under the table to carefully sit down on it.

Mum's a healer at St. Mungo's. So is Felix' mum. They met, became friends and I've known Felix since we were babies.

We grew up together well as our third friend, Martha Nott.

It's been the three of us for as long as I remember. Ever since we were born.

Martha's mother isn't a healer, but her aunt is and also knows our mums from there.

"Shirt off." Mum told me as Felix entered the kitchen.

I tried to pull my shirt off but couldn't due to the pain. Felix hurried over and helped me carefully and eventually I managed to get it off.

"How many times have I not told you to be careful?" Mum asked as she walked over to take a seat across from me. "Last year it was your leg, the year before that it was your ankle and now it's your rib. What's next? Your neck?"

"Hopefully not." I laughed but just laughing caused me an incredible amount of pain.

"Is it bad?" Felix asked as mum felt my ribs with her fingers, trying to locate the broken rib, and the second I whimpered in pain, she had found it.

"It's definitely broken." She said and summoned her wand from across the room. "I'm gonna heal your rib, then you'll have to relax for a few days while it's still sore, okay?"

I nodded and mum placed the tip of her wand against my skin.

A shot of pain hit me and I clamped a hand over my mouth to not scream, but then it was gone as quickly as it had come.

"Fuck."

Felix was standing behind me, rubbing my shoulders gently, and I let my head fall back against his chest.

"Hey mum?" I asked while she got up to find the first aid kit for some gaze.

She looked back at me.

"Felix made head boy."

My mum looked at Felix and a smile spread across her face.

"Congratulations." She nodded. "That's big."

"Yeah. Mum and dad are happy." Felix said. "Gideon and Theodore made head boy so it was only expected for me to do as well."

"I'm sure you would've made them proud no matter what." Mum walked back over and sat down before she started wrapping the gaze around my ribs, securing it. "Dorothy is always bragging about you and your brothers."

Mum handed me my shirt back and helped me put it back on, just as my little sister walked into the kitchen, brushing her hair back with her hand.

"Hi Maya." I grinned widely, causing her to roll her eyes at me. "Miss me?"

"Couldn't you have stayed with Felix for at least another week?" She asked. "It's always so loud when you're around."

I gasped dramatically, placing my hand over my heart.