5

The rest of the week wasn't so bad. It was way better than my first day. I started to get along with everyone, except a certain super soldier. I haven't seen him as often as the others. I was playing solitaire in the living room until Sam came up to me, and just kept staring at me smiling like an idiot.

I stared back at Sam and stared back at the game a few seconds later. This man always looks like he knows your deepest secret, I'm kind of nervous. I moved three cards until Sam shuffled them in the table making me restart everything. He threw some of them to the floor as well. He stood up and kept looking at me like he didn't just ruin my game.

"Ok... what" I said.

"You're not gonna ask why I did that?" He said.

"I mean... why?"

"I kind of heard Steve talking to Nat about taking you on your first mission" he said excited.

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, aren't you excited?!"

"Well duh... wait, you were eavesdropping?" I asked.

"That's not the point, the point is you have to prepare before he tells you"

"And how am I supposed to do that Sam?"

"Ok first, you gotta-"

"Ms. Y/L/N, Captain Rogers requires your assistance in the conference room" F.R.I.D.A.Y said.

I got kind of used to F.R.I.D.A.Y. At first k freaked out because I thought there were cameras in my room watching me. But then Tony cleared that up and said it's not true.

"I guess it's time" I told Sam.

"You didn't even have time to prepare!" He said disappointed.

"Well maybe next time" I said standing up going towards the conference room.

"Wait what about the cards?!" Sam asked

"You made the mess bird man" I said turning around.

I kept approaching the conference room. Omg I'm so nervous I can't believe I'll finally go on a mission with Nat and Steve. What would be the assignment? I can finally use my suit!

I opened the conference room to find Steve standing there smiling. I smiled back until I saw a certain someone sitting in front of him.

"Ohh no, we have to go with her??!" Barnes said.

"What happened to hello, how are you..." i said as I walked into the room.

"Bucky calm down, I think Y/N can help us in this mission" Steve said.

"Mission?" I acted dumb even though Sam told me moments ago.

"Yeah, I want you to come with us" Steve said.

"Wait isn't Nat coming with us?" I asked.

"Why would Nat come with us, she has another assignment the same week." Steve said.

Screw you Sam.

I stayed quiet so Steve decided to tell us more about it.

"Anyways I think this assignment would get you guys to get along better" Steve said.

You and Barnes both scoff. Then you look at each other in disgust.

"The mission would be near the city... it's in some type of club... there are a few suspects with some usb files that may belong to none other than Hydra." Steve continued.

"Hydra is still a thing?" I asked.

"Yes Y/L/N, it's still a thing" Barnes said mocking me.

"Anyway... it's more of an undercover mission. Me and Bucky would still be inside with you, but we would try and hide more since they know who we are" he said.

"So you chose me because they don't know who I am?" I asked disappointed.

"Not exactly, but that is one of the reasons" he said.

Bucky snorted with laughter. And I just stared back at him in disbelief. Steve glared at him telling him to stop.

"We have our suits already in order to be in disguise. Prepare a backpack to put in the suit Tony made you. You might also want to buy a dress for this occasion." He added.

"I have something else in mind" I said smiling.

Steve smiled back. And dismissed both Barnes and I. We both went towards the elevator since we live in the same floor. He pressed the button and he just stood there like a dumbass. I just ignored him.

"So what is that something else in mind?" He asked.

"Really?" I said.

"I mean... I'm kind of curious"

"Why? you clearly don't want me going, so why bother asking" I said. The elevator opened and I headed out going towards my room.

"Y/L/N we leave tonight!" I heard Barnes say.

Shit I need a suit as fast as possible.

I knocked Sam's door and he told me I can come in. He was watching TV, when he saw me, he put pause in his show.

"I'm gonna kill you" I said.

"Wait why?"

"You said the mission was with Steve and Nat, not Steve and Barnes!"

"Ohh shit, you're going with Barnes?" He snorted.

"Yes Sam" I said sighing.

"So you're not gonna kill me?"

"I figured I could ask for a favor" I said.

"Yeah sure, anything... ok not anything but you know what I mean" he said.

"I mean you seem kind of my size, a little bigger maybe" I said looking at him.

"Why?"

"Do you happen to have a black suit lying around?" I asked smirking.

"Yes why?"