15

We arrived at the motel around 7:00 pm. Jorge parked the truck and we got out. He gave us a signal to follow him inside.

"Why are we here?" Barnes asked.

"He owns the place, he's gonna help us and give us a room for a few days" I said.

"How do you know him?"

"We grew up together" I said glancing at him.

"You like him?" He asked.

"Why do you always assume that?"

"What?"

"You always assume something is going on when I talk to a guy. Why do you do that?"

"I don't do that"

"You still think I fondued with Steve. And I'm pretty sure you're assuming I had a thing with Richie too."

"Did you?"

"No! Neither of them!" I scoffed.

"Yeah right" he said in a low voice.

I rolled my eyes and walked faster leaving him behind. I entered Jorge's office and Barnes followed behind me. I looked around, there were a bunch of papers in a pile.

"Que es todo esto? (What's all this?)" I said.

"Pagos, y contratos. (Payments, and contracts)" he said opening a drawer and grabbing a key.

"Aquí está su llave. No me quiero meter en broncas, así que no traten de llamar la atención. (Here's your key. I don't want any problems, so don't try to cause any attention)" he said handing me the key.

"Gracias (thanks)"

"Me debes (you owe me)" he said handing me the key.

"Oyes, como está Melanie? (Hey how's Melanie?)" I said smirking.

"Que chistosita (how funny)" he said sarcastically.

"Si quieres le puedo decir que si la quieres. (If you want I could tell her that you like her)"

"Que asco! ya vete antes de que te corra. (Gross! Leave before I kick you out)" he said pointing at the door.

"Que aburrido (how boring)" I said getting out of his office laughing.

I looked around me to see if anyone was watching me, then I walked towards the stairs.

"So what did he say?" Barnes asked behind me.

"Nothing important" I replied.

"Then why were you laughing?"

"It's really nothing, I just made fun of him, and he gave me a key. That's it."

We went up the stairs and found the room. I opened the door and went inside and Barnes followed behind me. He closed and locked the door as I took off my bag. I took of my jacket, my cap, and finally my wig and placed it on top of the desk. I finally let my hair down and plopped on the bed.

"I like your hair way better like that." Barnes said.

"I didn't ask" I said sighing.

My arm hurts. Calm down, everything will be fine. Just make the deal and leave.

I stood up and went to the bathroom and locked the door. I took off my shirt and looked at my arm.

It got worse. It burns.

I traced my finger through the glowing veins. I took a deep breath, put back my shirt and headed outside.

"Where are you going?" Barnes asked.