41

I woke up slightly late and I turned to my side, but Bucky wasn't there. I got up, took a shower and put on some workout clothes.

I walked towards the kitchen and made myself some breakfast. I opened the fridge and noticed the bag of sweets from yesterday. He must've put it when he woke up. I went towards the table and started eating. As I ate, Steve walked in.

"Hey" he said.

"Hi" I said taking a bite from my food.

"How are you holding up?"

"Good?" I said. "I mean if you're talking about the accords I'm still not gonna sign."

"No I wasn't talking about that"

"Then what where you talking about?"

"You don't know?"

"About what? By the way, have you seen Bucky? I woke up late and I haven't seen him"

"He didn't tell you?"

"About what?"

He stayed quiet and he hesitated.

"Y/n we took him to Wakanda"

"What?!" I said. "When?"

"Last night"

He didn't tell me....

"But why?"

"He said he can't trust his own mind. And they put him back in the cryo. And with the accords, they would be after him, so they're hiding him there"

"Did he know he was leaving?"

"Yes Why?"

He left without saying goodbye?

"No it's just that he didn't tell me" I said looking down.

"I thought he did?"

"Well he didn't"

Why didn't he tell me? No wonder he was acting like that the whole week... he didn't say goodbye. At least he's getting the help he needs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I stood up and threw away the food, losing my appetite.

"It's fine, I still need to process everything. I really didn't know about this"

I walked towards my room and locked my door. I laid on my bed thinking about him.

Is that why he took me out yesterday? Why didn't he say anything? He should've told me... but he's getting the help he needs. Focus on the good side.

As I kept thinking I fell asleep.

Flashback

I was sitting in front of my father at the prison.

"Like that boyfriend of yours?" He said.

Huh?

"The winter soldier. I know that man" he added. "He's not good for you. He won't be with you on the long run"

"You want to play the role as the overprotective father now?" I said leaning forward. "He wouldn't leave me"

"Yeah he would. I've seen what he can do. He will abandon everything if it benefits him"

I woke up with a sweat panting. My father was right.

He left... stop thinking about it.