29

It's been three days and Bucky hasn't given in. I haven't either. The mission is in two days, and I've been preparing the whole week, training with Nat.

I woke up today and decided to get some breakfast. I went to the kitchen, and no one was there, so I took my time. As I finished cooking I sat on the table and began eating peacefully. After a few minutes, Bucky came in.

"Hi" he said.

"Morning" I said.

He grabbed some coffee and a plum along with toast. He sat down in front of me and crossed his arms smiling.

"Can I help you Buck?"

"Y/n I love you so much" he said.

That's suspicious.

"I don't know what you're doing but it's not gonna work" I said taking a bite from my breakfast.

"I was just gonna say you look terrible"

"Gee thanks" I said. "I was gonna tell you the exact same thing... what a coincidence"

"How did you sleep?" He asked. "You look like you didn't sleep at all"

"I had the same nightmare" I said leaving the fork on the table. "The one I told you about, about me being in this hallway and there's a man who claims it's my father"

"You don't need any company?"

I turned to face him and shook my head slowly.

"No. Because I know you'll try to seduce me with that sexy smirk. Besides I don't want to be like a child going with someone because I have a nightmare."

"I mean... I've done that?" He said.

I let out a chuckle. "How did you sleep?" I said taking a sip from my coffee. "Still nightmares of hydra?"

"Yeah, it's the same thing over and over again." He said taking a bite from the toast. "I wake up and then go back to sleep, and I don't want company. I don't plan on giving in either, because you'll try to seduce me as well"

"I don't do that, it's not my style"

"Yeah right" he said. "Remember when that Melanie girl called you a whore?"

"Wow thanks for reminding me."

"Why do you hate it?"

"What?"

"That they call you that?"

"Bucky I don't think anyone likes being called that... well... it depends where" I said.

I noticed his eyes widen at my statement. He was gonna say something but he shook his head.

"But why did they call you that?"

"I gotta be honest..."

"Ohh boy" he said.

"I really don't know" I said smiling.

"Really? Why'd you build up with suspense just to respond I don't know?"

"Because I really don't know. Someone made a rumor at S.H.I.E.L.D. and everyone believed it. I feel like some people thought I slept my way into being in the position I am right now" I shrugged. "To invalidate the real hard work I've done throughout the years."

"I mean... that makes sense"

"And then after they told me to come here, they all thought-"

"That you fondued with Steve" he said nodding.