13

Today is the day I leave to Mexico. I woke up with a burning pain in my left arm. I adjusted my eyesight due to the sun shining from the window. I wore a long sleeve shirt to sleep, so I couldn't see what I had. I took it off and I was shocked.

What the fuck?! It wasn't like this a day ago. What the hell happened?!

My arm still had the fresh wound from two days ago. That was fine. But the veins in my arm were glowing a cerulean color. I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I disinfected my wound, and wrapped it with a gauze bandage. To hide my left arm, I put on a black long sleeve shirt.

If I tell anyone, they'll tell me to postpone my trip, and I don't need that right now.

I got my backpack, but everything I need, including my disguise. I changed all my shirts to long sleeve. I put some light jeans, and my combat boots. I got a cap, put it in my head, and headed out.

I went to the kitchen to say goodbye. Tony, Steve, and Sam where there.

"Hey Sam, are you ready?"

"Let me just call Nat so we can go" he said.

"Wait Romanoff and Sam are going with you?" Tony asked.

"No, they're just leaving me close to the border between Texas and Chihuahua"

"Chihuahua? Like the dog?" Steve asked.

"No steve. Chihuahua is a state."

"Nice" he said.

I glanced at Tony, and noticed he was eating a Duvalín.

"Hey were did you get that?" I said pointing at him.

"I called the manufacturer. So now I have months worth of these Duvalines?"

His American accent makes it sound funny.

"Wait, but you don't speak Spanish, how did you communicate with the person on the phone?" I asked.

"I have this earpiece that translates everything a person says in another language. It detects around 156 languages, which included Español" he said with a face of satisfaction.

As I was about to answer, Nat came into the kitchen with Clint.

"Clint!" I said excitedly.

"Hey" he said.

"I haven't seen you in a while, how's Laura?"

"She's been great. How are-"

"Y/n let's go, I have an assignment in the afternoon!" Sam said.

"Alright. Bye everyone, see you in a week or so" I said going towards the door.

We went inside the quinjet and I put my bag by my side as I sat down, and took a nap.
_________________________________

"Y/n wake up"

"What, what happened?"

"We landed near the border" Nat said.

"What time is it?"

"Around 4:00 pm here" Sam said.

"Ohh" I said as I stood up and grabbed my bag. I adjusted my cap and put on some sunglasses.

"Bye guys." I said giving them a group hug.

"Take care alright" Nat said.

"Always" I said smiling leaving the jet.

I walked through the city, but I felt like someone was watching me. I'm always paranoid, which is why I always carry a knife with me in my front pocket. I turned around and saw nothing. I'm not too familiarized with this place. The only cities with borders that I know really well are Mexicali, and Tijuana.