Chapter 48: S-Class Trials

As a month had passed, it turned out we got sucked into a world called Edolas. It was another worldly place that had no magic. It also had duplicates of members of the guild including myself and Natsu. Apparently my Edolas self was like Earthland Erza and more mature. Which I ended up getting kidnapped by the King of Edolas because I had a lightning dragon lacrima inside my head, and he had this guy known as Byro try getting rid of mine, Natsu, and Wendy's magic power. Then Erza went and battled Edolas Erza and we then saved a bunch of cats known as exceeds that in the end came to Earthland with us. Which in return we got two new members of the guild. Well one renewed and the other is new. Lisanna was now back and we got a new member of our guild named Patherlily. He insisted we call him Lily though. Which as time went on Mira, Elfman, and Lissy had reunited. It was touching in fact. Besides that in the past week, the guild has been going on major job request for what is coming up today.

As today I was wearing a f/c long sleeve crop top with a short s/f/c skort, and black peep toes wedge boots. I had walked to the guild alone after leaving Natsu and Happy a note. I had just walked into the guild. Gildarts and Mira was in front of me at the bar. I then walked over beside them and sat down.
"Hey, you ready for today." I asked with a smile.
"Yeah. Maybe Natsu will finally get to become an S-Class wizard." Gildarts chuckled.
"Yeah. Then maybe you two can go on an S-Class quest together." Mira stated with a smile.
"Yeah maybe so." A familiar voice stated. I turned around to see Erza.
"Hey Erza." I stated as she then sat down beside me.
"Hello Y/n." Erza said with a smile.
"So when do you think Laxus is going to return." Mira asked.
"Well he said before the S-class trials which was a month ago, but who knows." I sighed.
"You miss Laxus, huh." Gildarts asked.
"Yeah. He hasn't been in the guild in at least three months." I sighed.
"Don't worry I bet he'll be back before you know it." Erza stated with a smile.
"Thanks guys." I stated with a smile as some of the guild members walked in. Gildarts, Mira and me then walked up to Gramps's office. He was sitting at his desk looking at a photo of me as a baby, with Gildarts holding me, Laxus, and mom.

"So Master have you decided on who is going to be apart of the S-class trials this year." Mira asked.
"Yes, I have." Gramps sighed.
"Well we'll be ready when you are." I stated with a smile as Gildarts stood beside me. Gramps look at Gildarts and me and then back at the photo. He then sighed again.
"Very well child. I'll be down in a second." Gramps stated as we then walked out of his office. We walked down to the stage as the guild began to get ready for the members who are going to get picked for this years S-Class trials.

Master Makarov pov...
After Y/n, Gildarts, and Mirajane came up to my office. I had to decide weather or not to tell Y/n the truth about who her father is. She would want to know. Possibly she would love to here it by him. I soon place the picture in a box filled with a bunch of Y/n's child hood pictures. I'll figure it out later. I sighed as I walked down the stairs and onto the stage.

Y/n's pov...
The curtains soon pulled up as all the S-Class wizard including myself was shown. The guild was cheering like children for candy as they waited for the announcement. I was standing beside Gildarts on my left with Mira and Erza on my right.
"Do you know why Y/n is up there?" Lucy asked Levy.
"You'll see." Levy snickered as the guild kept shouting.
"In the accordance with the Fairy Tail's time honored tradition I will now announce the entrance for the S-Class promotion trial!" Gramps stated as the guild got riled up again.
"Please be quiet, everyone." Erza demanded.
"Shut up and let the Master finish talking." Gildarts stated as the guild was a bit quieter now.
"Now, I know your excited, but hush!" I stated as the guild was completely silent now.
"The trial this year, will take place on Tenrou island. Our guild's sacred ground." Gramps stated as the guild began to be excited again. He then continued, "The strength that you posses inside, your character, and your hearts. These are what I consider when making the selection. I have chosen 8 participants. Natsu Dragneel!"
"I've got this!" Natsu stated as he looked at me.
"Gray Fullbuster." Gramps stated.
"It's finally my time to move up." Gray stated.
"Juvia Lockser!" Gramps added.
"Really! The Master choose me!" Juvia exclaimed.
"Elfman Strauss!" Gramps stated.
"Good luck big bro!" Lisanna stated with a smile.
"Cana Alberona!" Gramps stated which made me realise Cana was sad.
"Cana." I sighed.
"Freed Justine!" Gramps said.
"So, I'll be following in Y/n's and Laxus's footsteps." Freed stated which made me smile.
"Levy Mcgarden!" Gramps stated.
"I'm so stoke about this one!" Levy exclaimed with a smile.
"And Mest!" Gramps stated as the guild then went really insane for who was lined up for this year S-Class trials. I sighed as I looked around the room to see Laxus was no where to be found.
"Laxus, you promised." I sighed.
"Although eight wizards have been selected, one will emerge victorious. The trial will begin in one weeks time. So you better step up your preparations." Gramps stated as I replaced my sad smile with a happy one.
'I still have a week before the actual trials start, hopefully he'll be back before then.' I thought as a smile soon pushed the sadness away. We then stated the rules about how each will choose a partner and also will be aloud to train with them leading up to the event. The only problem was the partner must be in Fairy Tail and couldn't be an S-Class Wizard. Which we would reveal the rest of the details once we arrived on Tenrou Island as well. Soon they told the guild that the three of the trials was by beating Erza, Mira, and Gildarts.
"What about Y/n!" They questioned.
"Well I could be the final challenge, but I wanted to just help Gramps this year. Besides quit whining! " I sighed with a smile.
"All of us S-Class Wizards had to go through it." Gildarts stated with a smile.
"I finally get to fight old man Gildarts!" Natsu shouted.
"Great, he forgot that we were dating." I sighed as Gramps soon stated that all of the participants were to meet at the port in Hargeon one week from today. Then he released them to do what ever they please.