chapter 57 better

today was the day that I dreaded for the past few weeks, scared to face and even live. one of the reasons that I was in this hospital room. every-time Cody or Julia would enter I never answered. not because I wanted to be rude, I just didn't know how to explain my actions to them.

Julia was waiting on my bed while I was changing in the hospital bedroom, with the clothes she picked out for me, it was a red woman suit with a black top underneath. I wont lie, I looked good but why would I want to look good lying in everyone's face.

i walked out receiving compliments from Julia but she soon realized that I wasn't really responsive " I understand you are scared love, but as long as you say the truth nothing can go wrong " she smiled at me, " what If I am not telling the truth ? " I asked in a whisper, " then I would rethink it "

-

-

-

sitting on the front row of court was stressful, a few rows behind me where all of my friends, and in the back was Ryder making my breath hatch, why was he here?

" Zina" I heard, I turned around to see Xavier. " could you uhm please tell the truth? I - uh I saw it happen once and I -I just want you to be save " he said, not letting me answer and walking back to his seat, he saw it happen ? when?

more and more girls started seating them besides me, the girls he hurt and I was going to crush everything for them. I wish I didn't need to, should I listen to Julia and Xavier?

only a few minutes later, my father was brought in, in an orange suit and cuffs on his hands, making all the girls next to me move uncomfortable, and I couldn't stop myself from doing the same.

there were 6 girls, i'd say 2 of them were in their early 20's and 3 in their late 20's , the other girl looked about 18.

my father had an innocent look on his face, but when he made eye contact with me he gave me a smirk, making me look down.

" please all set yourself down and be quiet, only speak when given permission " the judge stated, looking around the court. this was the moment of truth.

she called every single girl on the stage, making them tell their story and showing the prove they had, hearing that was hard, they deserved justice, only 3 of them were raped the other once were severely sexually abused, all of them had a story to tell and all of them were stronger as me for being able to stand up to their abuser.

my father was a monster and didn't deserve any pity or freewill, because he didn't use it the right way, all he wants is what he wants and no questions asked, not by me, not by anyone.

after all the girls were done the judge started talking to their lawyer, I stopped paying attention, it was too much, everything was to much. or was I just weak?

" could Mr hart's lawyer please place him at the stand " the judge said, giving my father the chance to defend himself trough his lawyer.

the girl next to me noticed that I was never called on and looked at me " I am not lying you know, I know his daughter would be here and I assume thats you " she said and asked at the same time, the other girls listening to this conversation. I nodded to her, being embarrassed to even have his blood in me.

" I don't blame you for defending him, I would too for my father if I really thought he didn't, but your dad did. and if you are his daughter that means you were the one that could do everything so much better " I looked at her confused, me better? since when.

" I know he did it to you too love, otherwise he would have said that when he was forcing himself in me " she said looking in front of her, never facing me again. neither did the other girls. they knew and I was their only reason to fear he wouldn't be locked up, and they would know I was lying, but he is my father. " I'm sorry " I whispered to them not expecting or receiving an answer.

my fathers lawyer brought up different defenses, and ended up asking " could I get my witness on the stage Your Honer "

" yes you can, Zina Hart please enter the stage " she said making my heart fall.

how I wish I could run away, but I couldn't, I needed to do this if not for me, for them