chapter 20 sleepover 3.

he stepped closer to me with his creepy glare going my way, he eyed my body with a hunger look and started laughing. " didn't know that he burned you that bad " he said in a sadistic voice.

he grabbed my wrist and squeezed it making me yelp, he kept squeezing liking the reaction out of me. he looked at my neck and rolled my turtle neck down revealing the large gab made by my fathers teeth. he started kissing me in the wound that I forgot to bandage and had me bothered already the whole day.

he licked the wound and stepped back. he never keeping his eyes off of me. I pulled everything back into place not wanting it to be visible or exposed.

" I'll see you later tonight when everyone is asleep in my room got it? " I nodded being scared of him right now, maybe if I get away now I will find a way to not go later tonight. he pointed at a door and said " thats my room baby " he stepped forward and forced his lips onto mine. I put my hands on his chest and tried to push him away but that didn't work.

" Zina! where are you? we want to start a movie " he let go of me and walked inside his room and I stood there in shock, this fun night with my friends was not only ruined by Amy but also by her dad, David. the same man that was one of my first clients here.

did Amy know?

" did Amy know what? " I heard Ryder ask. I turned around and there stood he with a confused look covering his face. " n-nothing, why are you here? " I stuttered back.

" it is something but alright. Xav called you from downstairs remember, you never came, where were you even? " he stared at me with a look that said he was concerned but I wont let him be or at least not find out or anything like that.

" I just didn't feel so good that's all, I just wanted to be alone for a second, s-sorry " I said to him thinking this was a good excuse. I mean it was.

" oh what's wrong then? I can help? or call my mum she is a nurse . " I shook my head no. " I'm fine now " he squeezed his eyebrows together. and forced a nod, clearly not liking my answer.

he put his hand on my back and gently pushed me towards the stairs, as much as it was gently I couldn't help but give a small flinch, my pain medication wasn't working a 100% yet.

" are you sure you're okay? " " yes Ryder I am " I stated quite frustrated with him not letting me choose what to tell or not.

" what's your problem? I'm just trying to help. " he said while turning me around right when we reached the stairs.

" and I don't need it " I stated trough gritted teeth. the sudden confidence was littering my voice, I don't even know where it came from. maybe I knew he would never hurt me and I trusted him, maybe I was just confused about the whole situation? I don't know which one, all I know that his facial expression was covered with pain and confusion, even anger, sadness.

he took a deep breath in and let go of me while looking down, he nodded his head and whispered " okay then " he walked passed me and started going off the stairs not even sparing me a second glance.

but could I blame him?

no

no, I couldn't.

but not only did I hurt his feelings, it hurt me to see him like this, hurt.

Ryder's POV

was I too pushy? did she want distance?

I wish I knew, I truly did.

when I came down I heard her feet going of the stairs too, she walked in the living room right after me. I guess the others felt the tension or maybe they saw that my eyes where pooling with tears I was trying to hold back, I didn't know. but I was glad they didn't ask questions and just started the movie.

the only seat available was in the empty love seat or in the one with Amy, the empty one meant Zina. to be honest I wouldn't want to push myself onto her again she clearly doesn't show that she likes it, maybe I should stand back and let her be, like she wants me too? but I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she got hurt because if me accepting everything without fighting.

i sat next to Amy, giving Zina the space for at least tonight. but I'm not done even if it meant saving her as a friend.

Amy rested her head on my shoulder and placed her hand on my thigh, how I wish it was the blind princess in the other seat.

Zina's POV

was i upset? yes. but did I deserve it? yes.

I wasn't really surprised when he chose her seat, but I still hoped he wouldn't have. it's not that I like him, I just don't want him to hate me. and Amy wouldn't even keep her hands home from him. it was funny to see him push her hands away when she went to far I wont lie.

after the movie everyone took a break before the next movie, Emily came to me with a worried look. " what happened? "

" nothing " " sure thing love, Ryder looked like he was about to cry when you guys walked in. "

I took a deep breath and answered her " we just didn't agree on something okay " I stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

I did my business and washed my hands, I look up to see a girl with red cheeks and eyes, I girl that looked like she belonged in a crazy house, she looked empty, emotionless and weak. like she would just collapse any second.

I started the water again and washed my face wanting to cool of since I felt my breath hitch, panic attacks where common for me but I always knew how to hide them or slow them down. I always notice it soon so it isn't that hard to just make them disappear, but this time?

nothing worked, I kept pouring water in my face while trying to catch my breath. my eyes started to pool with tears, tears because of me disappointing him, tears because I was scared to go home due to what David said, scared to be here for David himself. scared of them finding out. scared because the truth was too close to them.

scared of everything.

to live

to breath

to have a heart beat

to trust

but mostly to love

to love Ryder Green

everything started spinning and I felt myself falling onto the ground, something crashed but I had no time to see what. all I knew tat I hit it with my head, the pain went trough me but I barely felt it.

because

I couldn't get any air into my longs, and I couldn't see

nothing was there to see, except the color of the love seat that Ryder shared with Amy.

black