The Break from the Struggle

"Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate, and love yourself." 

- Robert Tew

I walk out of the shower and go into my room and see Casey sitting on my bed. He hands me money without hesitation but I don't take it.

I don't want his money.

"Brielle," he tells me and reaches out again and I smack it away.

"Not now, Casey," I tell him and he gets mad. Why would he get mad over something like that? I don't want his fucking money.

He might use this against me and with what just happened to me yesterday, I'm not in the mood for that right now.

"Please," Casey begs and I roll my eyes.

This man never listens to me and I think he never will for as long as he lives.

I put on an oversized shirt. I can feel his hands begin to roam my body under it. He put his face in the crook of my neck and began humming.

Ugh, I need to go to sleep. Every second is precious and he's ruining it. I barely got any sleep last night and I have a terrible migraine. I'm exhausted.

"Can you stop, Casey? Not tonight," I tell him and I push his hands down, away from me.

"That's what you always say," he says and I roll my eyes again.

I turn to face him, a scowl on my face, "It's because you always ask at a horrible time," I seethe.

"Well, I'm fucking sorry my girlfriend wants to be a slut every day and never has time for me," he accuses and I'm astonished.

The fuck did this man just say to me?

"I never want to be a slut. Casey, I just want to go to sleep," I tell him and he sucks his teeth.

He then slams me against the wall, holding my throat. I couldn't breathe.

"I gave you money which you declined and then I gave you sex which you declined," he growls, "This woman is such a slut that she'd rather be naked in front of a whole crowd than her boyfriend. How does that sound?" He tells me and I try my best to push him off but I can hardly breathe.

"Casey...please...leave," I plead, if this shit fails, I'm scratching his eyes out until they bleed everywhere.

"Fine, dumb bitch," he says, letting go of my throat and I suck in as much air as I can so I don't wheeze much when I curse this son of a bitch out.

"You know what Casey? Fuck you. Go die you sick, twisted bastard," I scream back at him.

I hate him so much.

"Get the fuck out of my apartment!" I demand and he listens, grumbling profanities while slamming the door shut.

I collapse on the bed exhausted. I close my eyes and turn to my side. I listen to the loud bustling outside of my apartment.

- транс -

My alarm rings loudly to wake me up. I press the button to turn it off and get up. I put on a blue fringed thong connected with a leg garter and a blue mesh top. I throw over a black sweatshirt and sweatpants with my black sneakers.

I go into the bathroom and put on make-up. I notice something on my neck when I begin to apply the foundation.

There are not-so-faint red fingerprint marks.