Lying, Deceiving, Fabricating Fibber

"Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are cancer to the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind." 

- Excerpt from Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

It's Lorenzo.

He's rubbing his eyes and is obviously completely tired and I can't help it but his rugged appearance is very attractive.

I bite the inside of my cheek and turn the other way, focusing my attention back onto my pancakes.

I was feeling it today but if Lorenzo begins talking to me, I might lose that feeling... like usual.

I flip the pancake and it's fluffy on top. Just how I like it.

Only a couple of minutes and then you can run into your room and be by yourself in quietness, Brielle. You'll be fine.

"Brielle," he grumbles, his morning voice heavy.

I like it too much when he says my name in his tired voice but not today. You will not be swayed by him in any way.

I stay quiet.

"Brielle, can you please just hear me out... Listen?" he asks, well he's practically begging.

I check the bottom of my pancake and it's done. I place it on top of my previous one and search for some maple syrup and a little bit of some fruits. Just in case I don't come back down here until dinner.

"Can I have some?" he asks and I glare at him and he clenches his jaw, obviously regretting his question.

I'm tired of sharing shit.

I eventually find both of them and drizzle heavy amounts of maple syrup and throw the strawberries right next to it on the plate.

I pick it up and walk away from him.

He grabs my wrist and says, "Bri, please, listen to me."

I clench my jaw in frustration but I don't move. He gets the hint that I'm kind of listening but if he spews out any bullshit, I'm not going to anymore.

"It's not my kid," he says and I turn to him, looking into his pleading brown eyes.

I'm good at reading people's emotions, specifically their eyes, it holds the most.

His eyes hold desperation.

He might be telling the truth.

Why would Natalie go so far just to move me out of her way?

I shake his grasp off of my wrist and I begin walking away from him.

"Would you talk to me if I show you proof?" he asks. I take a deep breath in and out and then I say my answer, even though I'm not so sure even with proof we're going to go back to normal.

"Maybe." I walk out of the kitchen, leaving him in his ugly glory.

- транс -

LORENZO ANTONOV

I refuse to claim that damn baby.

It's not mine.

It can't be.

It's not fucking possible.

I never had sex with her so why, right now, am I looking at the DNA papers and it's saying that I'm 99.9% the father.

The last time I fucked her was about three years ago. Both Mama and Natalie are sitting in front of me, staring at me trying to understand the results.