Personal Assistant

"Ignoring conflict will only aggravate the problem, often to the point where even a minor problem becomes unmanageable." 

- Excerpt by Renee Evenson

Scott and I are having a movie marathon. Well we're just watching a couple of random movies in hopes for a laugh and maybe even a scare.

I was quite nervous because Scott and Lorenzo would be meeting each other for the first time. I told Enzo the first time and he didn't like it at all. He absolutely hated the fact I was friends with a man.

Scott was scared because he's my boyfriend and he knows how men act when their women are friends with other men. Enzo didn't want to meet him at all. Shit, he didn't even want him inside the house to begin with.

When they met one another it was very awkward. Excruciating weird silence between everybody in the house and I hated it completely.

It took everything to make sure nothing bad was going to happen because Scott was on the verge of shitting himself. Enzo is intimidating and both I and Dariya said that but he didn't change his demeanor at all.

Even though he's smiling, he is still rather intimidating unless you know him personally. At first, I thought he was but now I really think otherwise.

I know after the introduction Enzo is going to look him up and everything about him. Then eventually he's going to find something he deems 'wrong' and tell me we should stop being friends.

He's rather predictable.

Lorenzo, shockingly, didn't do much once I started the first movie. He was silent, probably watching and making sure Scott isn't going to pull some moves on me. 15 minutes into the movie he ended up leaving to his office to continue his very important work.

We are halfway in movie two when the doorbell rings. I thought maybe it's a false alarm or a package is coming but when the doorbell rings for a second time, I know it's something else.

The door opens and in walks Cai followed by... Sergei. I roll my eyes because I'm sick and tired of seeing this man. Why can't he leave me alone?

Lorenzo told me that he likes me but I don't. Obviously. I'm literally dating his brother.

What is up with this unnecessary rivalry between families and why do they always drag people into it?

Scott looks to see who's at the door and when he sees Sergei, he stands up and leaves. He seems to be making his way to the bathroom so I grab the remote and pause the movie.

Cai gives me a sympathetic look and then disappears into the kitchen. I'm guessing he didn't really have a choice of letting him in.

"You look pretty today," Sergei compliments and I plaster a fake smile on my face, hoping that he's coming for Enzo instead of me.

"Thank you. Do you need Lorenzo?" I ask, praying that he does but when he seems annoyed when I mention him I have a feeling he's not.

"Nope, not really. I came for another reason."

I press my lips together because I know he came for me. I don't want to be mean to him at all but I really want him to leave so I can continue watching the movie with Scott and having fun.

"You did? What was the reason?" I ask. Maybe Dariya? I mean, sometimes I completely forget that Dariya is the youngest between the siblings. Sergei and Dariya look nothing alike except similar hair color and eye shape.

Well, Sergei looks nothing like his siblings now that I think about it. Their mom's genes must run hard because Dariya and Lorenzo look a lot similar to each other and Enzo looks a shit ton like his mother.