Heavenly Dance

"Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby's dancing, but she dancing with another man." 

- Excerpt from When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars

"Do I really need one?" I ask, quietly. I really don't want a weapon on me but if I need to then I guess.

"Yes," he answers and I grab the knife from Cai, stuffing it in my bra as well.

"There are three rules. One, never be alone. Two, keep a weapon on you at all times in an accessible place. Three, keep any and all information about you private," he explains. I nod.

See, this is why I didn't want to go in the first place.

I'm here though so might as well suck it up.

He throws a smile on and it helps me cool down a little bit. "Now, let's go," he says. I open the door and step outside and my heart drops at the sight of this beautiful building.

It just screams that this place probably cost a fortune to either buy or rent.

Enzo and I hook arms. We enter inside and, when I say there are a lot of people I mean it, there are a shit ton of people in this room and this room is huge.

I see some people stare at me. Some of them give me a disgusting glance and some people talk to one another and point at us.

Is it about Enzo or is it about me?

I'm going to ignore those people and look around the room. Looking up, there is a huge chandelier.

This place is... breathtaking. I was lying before, I don't, at all, regret coming because seeing this makes everything better.

I followed Enzo like a puppet. Some people talked to me and, like he told me, I kept it brief. Some asked my age because I look young. I lied about both things. I said my name is Heaven and that I'm 21.

He told me that these people are dangerous with high power and if they find out any information at all and look me up. Things could be bad for me.

We are walking around the place because, frankly, he's avoiding some people from talking to him.

Before I noticed three people that I swore looked younger than 18 years old. Almost like preteens but I ignored it. I thought maybe midgets came or something but now seeing them practically in front of me, I know that they're actually kids.

"Why are there three boys here?" I ask Enzo.

"Huh?" he questions and I point over to where I see a boy with black hair.

"Oh them. That boy is Sebastian Hunter. The blonde kid is Oliver Miller and the other kid following behind him is Dylan Harris," he informs.

"You still didn't tell me why they're here," I snap, by accident, at him. I'm not mad at him, I'm mad that these kids are here in some dangerous place.

"Sebastian is the son of Antonio who is the leader of the Night Foxes. They trade guns. Oliver is the heir of The Blank Canvass. They deal with drugs. We're probably their number one customer," he jokes.

"Uh, Dylan must be here to get used to being a bodyguard to Oliver," he finishes.

"Oh," I mutter.

"Why do you look so upset?" he asks.

"They don't look like they even reached the age of 15. These kids should be in school, not in some place where they could possibly get killed," I complain.