A Break In

"Now you're showing up inside my home

Breathing deep into the phone

I'm so unprepared, I'm fucking scared" 

- Excerpt from Teddy Bear by Melanie Martinez

It's 2 in the morning when they finally begin sending us back out to put the things back and it looks like they're going to leave.

After what happened between the mysterious man and I, he just sent me back and I stood there with him occasionally looking at me.

I'm glad that they are leaving because it's uncomfortable because even though Cherry would flirt with him, he would just stare at me right through her.

"Thank you boys," Cherry says, smiling, waving to them flirtatiously, walking off. Roxy is right behind her.

I'm about to leave through the door too but I hear my stage name being called... by a familiar Russian voice.

I turn to look at the man and he's giving me a smile. He, once again, ushers me to him. I look around me and I don't notice Ryleigh or Rochelle.

I walk towards him and it's just me and him in the room. His friends already left. It's now even more embarrassing and he's unnaturally hot.

"Open your hand," he tells me and I comply. I open my hand and he hands me a fat stash of cash and I'm astonished again. I take a deep breath in and out to compose myself.

"I didn't have any more fifties on me so tens will do," he jokes and I give him a small smile. If I'm being honest, I would do anything for that much money. So he mentioned the fact that he would've given me fifties if he had any so I'm guessing that he gave me more than fifty dollars.

I didn't even do anything and I got almost $500. This man can just throw cash anywhere. He's rich and he doesn't even have to tell me. Even without the VIP private room.

"Thank you." He waves me good-bye and I walk off. I go inside the dressing room to freshen up just like Ryleigh and Rochelle are doing.

"God, I barely got shit from that VIP party. Did they spend money on just this party and end up going broke?" Ryleigh complains, reapplying her lipstick and smacking her lips together.

"They only gave me a measly 150," Rochelle complains with her.

"Fucking lucky, I only got 100." I'm in shock when I hear the amount but immediately put on back my poker face before they notice.

I got around $500 and they only got one-third of that and I barely did shit. What the fuck?

Something's sketchy.

"What did you get?" Ryeleigh asks, turning to me. Her eyes squint and I really don't want to tell her the truth because it will get messy between us. Even more than what's happening now.

Putting my money bag back in my locker, I lie, "Uh... only $50." There is no way in hell I will casually carry around $500.

"You shouldn't have gotten shit," Ryleigh complains, turning back to the mirror and adjusting her outfit.

"I mean you really didn't do anything," Rochelle adds, shrugging.

I roll my eyes and look briefly to see if I'm looking alright and I am. I go back to the club room.

Is the guy interested in me?

Why would he tip me around $500 for no absolute reason?

I want to see the group again, especially him.