Psychotic People & Mental Minds

"Mental health problems don't define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain."

- Excerpt by Matt Haig

After giving Scott a long list of threats of what I'm going to do to his son, I only have to wait for two hours for the lock to begin jiggling and him to burst through the door.

Luke is sleeping on the couch with something random playing on, much quieter than before.

I sent Madeline home a while ago because I couldn't give Scott the threats while Madeline was home. That would be stupid. She believed me with us being friends.

Once again, really dangerous but can't blame her. She looks like a teenager.

"Don't hurt him," he pants, holding his keys tightly in his hands. I put both of my hands up showing that I'm harmless.

"I'm not going to hurt your kid. I can't do that. My brother, however, would pull that shit," I explain and he puts his keys down, taking multiple breaths of air.

"However, I will hurt someone if I don't get the truth." He sits down across from me on the dining table.

"I promise you, I never wanted to do it," he explains and I stare at him.

"That's what they all say."

He takes a deep breath and continues, "When Sergei found out that I'm actually friends with Brielle, besides from getting the beat the hell up; I was told to drug her and while she was asleep, I would take her to his house."

I clench my jaw. I'm guessing he lied the first time Sergei asked because he wouldn't have been mad like that.

Was he actually trying to protect her?

He still hasn't explained why he did it in the first place. Okay, he hurt him. I bet you, it's not the first time.

"If I decide not to listen to him he would," he swallows hard, "make sure my kid is taken away from me." He glances over at Luke who's sleeping peacefully on the couch.

Thought so.

"Or have him... killed," he grabs my hand, reasoning with me which honestly shocked me if anything, "I had to do it. For my son."

I feel bad. Really.

He was probably terrified out of his mind when I threatened his son. I would never go through with it but still.

Personally, I would never hurt kids. I would not mentally put my people through something like that. I also wouldn't kill parents with kids unless they had hurt the kids themselves. It's traumatizing to go through something like that.

"Fine," I grumble, pulling my hands away from him because that's definitely unnecessary.

Now, I have definite confirmation. I need to somehow find a way to get Brielle out of Sergei's grasp. He's just like me though, he has people watching him 24/7. Especially when you stole your brother's girlfriend and he's in the mafia. You're going to up protection.

"I need her birth control," Scott blurts out and I snap my head to his direction, furrowing my brows wondering why the fuck he needs that?

"Why do you need her birth control?"

Scott fiddled with his fingers, obviously nervous to tell me.

He's not-

"You tell me now or I'm breaking one of your fingers."