Gift for Two

"It's not that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but it's your best friend who are your diamonds."

- Excerpt from Gina Barreca

I turn my head and see Lorenzo holding the man's wrist tightly. He looks mad.

"Damien back the fuck off my woman or I won't hesitate taking a gun and shooting a bullet right through your skull. I have no remorse," he threatens.

He lets go of me almost instantly.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Antonov. I didn't know," he apologizes. I go and hide behind Enzo, peeking behind him.

"It doesn't matter if she's my woman or not, she's with me. You did this shit with another one of my girls and here you are again," he seethes.

"I'm really sorry," Damien says again.

"If I find out that you do this to a woman again, I will stop funding your company and all protection from other mafias that you like to piss off will stop. I'll bankrupt you, Damien. Mark my fucking words," he warns.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop," Damien says and he sulks off. It's scary and also rather satisfying that Enzo put this man in his place.

He grabs my wrist and drags me away. Am I in trouble?

"I'm sorry," I apologize. He turns to me and his face softens.

"I'm not mad at you. It's not your fault. It's mine for leaving you alone. Men overstep their boundaries," he reassures me. I nod.

"You should stay with Dariya because I'm going to a meeting with all the men," he says and he brings me over to the couch where Dariya is sitting, drinking some wine.

"Girls, especially you Dolly, don't get into unnecessary fights. Afterwards, we can go home, okay?" he asks and both me and Dariya nod in agreement.

He leaves and now it's just me and Dariya. Now noticing the area, only girls are left. I don't notice the kids and I feel sad that they're exposed again. I wonder what the men talk about.

"I love these. It's fun and we get free food and desserts. FYI, I love American treats. Nonetheless, we're women and we just have to get harassed," she says, taking another sip of the wine.

"Yeah," I agree.

"I have to pretend me and Cai are dating to get them off my back."

"Are you guys?" I ask. I always wonder that question. More than a couple of times I see Cai coming out of her room... with hickies.

"No. My brother would kill both me and him if we started dating. However, we are friends with benefits. We only fuck once or twice a week. It's only when I'm really horny. Sometimes I can be really reckless," she explains.

"Well, this guy stopped when I told him that I'm with Lorenzo."

"I wish I could tell them that I'm his sister. That'll make them back off real quick but..." she groans, "People could attack me to hurt Enzo so it's nice that he's known as a 'single child'. You know what I mean?" I nod in response.

"So I'm lucky aren't I?" I ask and I have a feeling I know the answer.

"Yep," she answers, "No one stands up to him... or Cai. My brother rules over the best and most successful hitman group and is one of the top five dangerous mafia in the world."

"How long does the little meeting last?" I ask.

"Little! Don't make me laugh," she laughs, "The meeting lasts for about an hour and they talk about questioning situations that 'women' don't need to know about. A lot involve police officers."