The Offer

"Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long you miss them." 

- Excerpt from Anonymous

It's 1am and I want a break but I know I can't because my break time is 2am which is in another hour.

The club is packed tonight.

Why tonight? I have literally no idea. Usually Valentine's Day is packed to the brim with guys who don't want to be with their wives or girlfriends and take it out on strippers who can please them unlike their significant others.

You didn't hear it from me, though.

Maybe it's a bachelor's party. That's sadly common with bachelors. They always host it at a strip club.

I just finished the three songs that I was requested to do by a VIP, not Lorenzo if you're wondering, and the cash that I end up getting is insane. Like, seriously.

Between the five of us that are on stage, we each split it evenly, especially because Ryleigh is with us and if I take what I actually deserve a fight will break out.

Each of us got $100, maybe more.

I got a lot of money.

I'm walking around the club when someone snatches my hand and I would've smacked them, but it's Lorenzo.

I mean, this is the only way of getting my attention. He can't just say my real name because if I react towards it, it can be dangerous.

I'm thankful, he actually cares for my safety. It doesn't help when tons of other guys are saying my stage name as well.

He looks me up and down, which makes me feel a certain way, and he grips my wrist tighter, pulling me out of the crowd.

"Lorenzo, where are we going?" I ask him and it doesn't take long for my answer to appear right in front of me when we exit through a door and go outside.

We are out back and he leans against the brick building after letting go of my wrist.

"Damn, why do we need to go out here?" I ask.

"Well, you look fucking rough and I want to know why," he explains.

"Nothing happened. I'm just tired," I reply.

Nothing happened, my ass. My debt collectors came yesterday and they were demanding three months pay.

Did I have it?

Just fucking barely.

Then this morning, my landlord came and demanded rent and I begged him to let me go just a couple of dollars off. Everything was going wrong and I cried for about four hours straight. Just life fucking sucks.

"Are you sure?" he asks and I look at him. I can probably tell him my issues and he will solve them in a second's notice.

Casey came over just before I was getting ready for work and... let's not even begin what happened between us. Let's just say, he isn't happy that I just went off-the-grid.

My abdomen still hurts and I cover everything with make-up from both the debt collectors and Casey. Everybody has practically knocked me around and abused me both physically and verbally.

"I'm fine," I lied again.

"Ty vresh'. Okay, fine," he replies.

I watch as Lorenzo pulls out a cigarette and lights it, bringing it up to his... beautiful pink lips.