The Time We Spent Together

"your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."

- Excerpt from Sarah Bernhardt 

BRIELLE WILLIAMS

"Come on, Angel, wake up," someone says. I grumble, opening only one eye and I see Lorenzo shaking me gently awake.

Huh?

I sit up in bed and I see him pacing around the room throwing things in two duffel bags.

"Where are you going?" I ask, brushing my hair out of my face.

"You mean where are we going," he says, emphasizing the word 'we'.

"Wait, we're going somewhere?" I ask. He hasn't recently mentioned about us going anywhere.

"Yeah, we're going to a beach in Los Angeles and I book a house overlooking the ocean and we have it all to ourselves," he says, smiling and then continues putting things in the bags.

I smile too and then I ask, a bit nervous, "Is it really just us?"

He walks over to me and tucks a dark strand behind my ear, "Yes, just us." He plants a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Now, get ready. We're going to be walking there so wear something comfortable on your feet. We live so near the beach and I've never been there. We can do anything you want to do."

I know he's doing this based on my mood recently, which is really sweet, he has been paying attention to me.

I hop out of bed and begin getting ready. I put on a white tube top and an open button down decorated with yellow, white, and dark blue flowers with denim shorts. By the time I finish braiding my hair in dutch braids, Enzo is already dressed.

"Here, take this," he says, handing me a pair of sunglasses. I look at him wearing the same pair and I laugh, putting it on the top of my head as well.

I finish putting on a little bit of make-up and slip on my white sandals before following him downstairs, him carrying both duffel bags.

Once I arrive downstairs, I see Dariya spread completely on the couch and Cai sitting at the table, reading something on a piece of paper.

He stands up once seeing Enzo and grabs the duffel bags from his hands.

"I'll take them and drop them off at the house," he says and walks out the door.

Well, that's nice.

Enzo thanks him and then turns to Dariya, glancing at me and leaning towards her.

They weren't speaking in English so no matter how hard I could try to listen, I wouldn't be able to understand.

He turns to me and says with an outstretched hand, "Are you ready to go?"

I nod, smiling, and I take his hand, waving good-bye to Dariya as we leave the house.

"Have a shit load of fun and sex!" she shouts before I close the door behind us.

Lorenzo mutters under his breath but eventually we both laugh and then begin walking down the street making our way to the beach.

I didn't notice it before until now but Enzo isn't the only one with a big house. All the houses, well mansions, are grand and beautiful.

The inside is probably better than the outside.

While walking, we look into the stores every once in a while, sometimes walking in and looking at the ancient artifacts.