When You Were Mine

"You forfeit all rights to my heart

You forfeit the place in our bed

You'll sleep in your office instead

With only the memories of when you were mine."

- Excerpt from Burn by Phillipa Soo

 I know she's going to be at the house.

Well, hopefully she's at the house.

I swear to god if she pulled that stunt again, the one she pulled last week, I-

Lorenzo, calm down. She's not leaving you.

She can't leave me.

If she does... I'm just going to find her and bring her back to me.

I need her.

She can't just leave me like that.

That's not fair...

"I'm going to the house," I tell Cai and he furrows his brow.

"What do you mean?" he asks. I grab the key from the valet boy and I begin making my way to the parking lot. I know exactly where my car is.

"You shouldn't be leaving... you know, it's your wedding," he lectures, "There's a lot of people here to entertain and show..."

"Cai," I snap, "Either you're fucking following me or you're leaving me alone."

He stays quiet and follows me as I go into my car. I couldn't give a rat shit about the goddamn wedding.

I don't fucking care.

Right now, the only thing on my mind is Brielle's whereabouts.

I know Natalie and Mama are going to give me a mouthful but I can handle that if Brielle is right next to me supporting me on the sideline.

While driving my way to the house, I try to make sure that I don't run a red light but I'm going to fully admit, I'm speeding down the damn street.

Upon our arrival at the house, I barely manage to check if the car is actually parked before hopping out of the car. Shit, I even left the keys in the ignition.

There wasn't a car in the driveway so I'm a tad-bit scared.

"Brielle!" I shout, once I get inside the house. I look in every room. My voice slowly goes from anger to desperation when the only thing I hear is just a simple echo of my voice.

She can't leave me.

She can't fucking leave me.

I enter my bedroom and my heart drops.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

The room was empty.

It was just like Brielle got up and disappeared. Like before she even came here... and in my life.

I take a deep breath in and out.

Maybe, when I didn't notice. Natalie just emptied out the closet of Brielle's things and she's going to be in the guest bedroom, asleep, and perfectly fine.

Please, tell me I'm overreacting.

When I walk inside the guest bedroom, my heart isn't alleviated.