Fresh Money, Deep Envy

"Tell me how should I feel, when you made me belong?

 And the thought of you just touching her is what I hate most."

- Excerpt from Ring the Alarm by Beyoncé

"Oh my fucking god. Are you serious?" Hannah complains on the verge of a mental breakdown.

I dodge a flying heel.

I'm sitting on Hannah's bed waiting for her to pick something to wear. I'm already dressed but she isn't.

Both me and Anna but especially Anna, haven't been invited to a party in a long time. We're both busy bodies. I struggled to find an outfit but there was one in the back of my closet collecting dust and it still fits me but it's rather tight.

I'm wearing a beige dress that ends mid-thigh that has mesh overtop it and it ends at my wrist. I love it. Especially the gold glitter that is connected to it.

I'm wearing silver heels that add about two inches to my original height. My hair is curled at the end and with the help of Han, I do a half-up-and-half-down hairstyle. I add some basic make-up with matte pink lipstick, my lashes heavily coated with mascara and black winged eyeliner.

"I have literally nothing to wear," she whines. I glance over the pile of clothes that are next to her.

Yeah, totally.

Cassidy, thankfully, is having a sleepover at her friend's house so she doesn't need to hire a babysitter even though her friend's mom is practically the babysitter, she adores Cassidy so it doesn't matter.

We need to be at the house at 9 and we need to leave right now or we'll be late.

After about 30 more minutes, Anna decides on a tight light blue sequin dress. She looks gorgeous. She grabs the other heel that she threw at me that is silver and puts them on.

"Are you done?" I ask.

"Hmm..." she thinks, looking at her outfit a bit longer.

"Yeah, I'm done," she says and I get out of her bed. She grabs her keys and I hand her the paper that he gives me with the address on it.

We look at a map to make sure we know where we're going and when we find out we go into her car and begin driving.

We arrived at Lorenzo's house and there were so many cars in the area. We park a bit far down on the sidewalk. I mean a lot of people are three houses down. Hopefully, this isn't illegal.

We get out of the car and walk up to the house. I can hear the music before I even enter inside.

"Look at this beautiful house. This is where he lives?" Anna squeals in excitement. This man is incredibly rich and walking up to this house... I can feel some sort of familiarity and it's weird because I barely spent more than 24 hours here.

We enter inside and it's like a nightclub. How many people did Dariya invite?

I look to find Dariya and my eyes land on the tattooed girl. I see her in the kitchen and, holding hands tightly with Anna, I make my way towards her.

I go up to Dariya and we make eye-contact.

"Oh my god. You're here," she says, smiling, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

I have no idea where Lorenzo is and if I look around I know for a fact I will see him and want to jump his bones.