Gala II

"[honesty]

the art of being truthful.

that's the type of art you never mastered." 

There's another gala and the last one was so interesting that this time I begged Lorenzo to attend.

I thought he would just say yes since last time he asked me to go but this time, it seems like he didn't want or didn't need me to attend.

However, Dariya desperately wants me to come because she likes me. I might not be able to go due to a language barrier of some sort.

The difference between last time and this one is that this is just within the mafia. All the people involved with The Sovas.

Mostly Russian.

Everyone within the group is going to be there. It's mandatory. Unless there is an urgent emergency and then you call beforehand.

I found out that they're around 1000 people in the mafia and that's just people. Sometimes, if they're granted permission by Enzo, they bring their significant others which increases the amount of people in the room.

After I finish taking my shower, I wrap myself up with a robe and go to my room. I have to wait for Sydnee because I personally don't have my dress.

As if on cue, I hear a knock on my door. I open it and it's Sydnee and another woman. She's brown-skinned and has a black... hijab on, a black t-shirt and some light colored jeans.

She's absolutely gorgeous and her skin is flawless.

"Hello Brielle, I'm specifically Dariya's stylist but I decided to bring my assistant and if you like her, you can have her as your personal stylist," Sydnee says and I nod.

"My name is Janelle Bautista," Janelle greets, shaking my hand.

She's holding a dress in her hand and enters my room, closing the door behind me.

She lays the dress on the bed and says, "So I only guessed because I only saw your picture and I hope these colors will compliment you."

I look at the dress and it's elegant, causing a smile to form on my face. It's a light pink dress that seems to come down to my feet. Like a princess.

She puts down a box and I open it up to see white heels with straps attached.

"Okay, sit down," she says, motioning towards my vanity table that I just bought.

It's a beautiful pastel yellow color by the way. My favorite.

She begins doing my makeup and she's very light when it comes to touching me. Very soft and gentle and I like that. I can't stand asking people to do my make-up and they're rough with your face.

She does black winged eyeliner, mascara, and only clear lip gloss giving my natural lip color some shine.

"It's going to compliment the dress a lot with some neutral colors. Give you a simplistic look," she says as she begins to mess with my hair now.

What she probably meant is that it gives me a very innocent, pure look.

She grabs the curling iron and curls the end of my hair. I thought it would be the end of it since it's what my hair was last time but she grabs a brush and brushes the curls making it form beach waves.

I can't stop smiling at myself because I really like this look, much more than the other one.

Janelle helps me into my dress and laces up the back and puts on my white shoes.