Cold Shoulder

"It's the way I'm feeling, I just can't deny

But I've gotta let it go."

- Excerpt from We Found Love by Rihanna

He stands up to his proper height and it's obvious that he thinks his authority is threatened by me. He grabs my hand and pulls it towards him and he holds it close to his body. I can't move.

"You're not getting a job. Not yet," he tells me. We're so close to one another that I can smell his cologne mixed with the smoky scent of the room.

However, I'm not ignoring what he just told me because of my attraction towards him. I'm feeling pissed on how he's acting and the way he just told me off.

"Now get out, I'm busy right now," he says, letting go of my hand and I pull it close to my body.

He thinks I'm joking.

Oh, he's going to regret that.

I storm out of the room and into my bedroom. I grab my bag and shove random clothes in there. I'm just going to go to Hannah's house and find a job.

She's the only one who respects me right now.

Well everyone but the man of this house respects me but that's plenty of reason enough to leave.

I grab my bag and go downstairs and I pass by Dariya who's sitting on the couch.

"Hey- Where are you going?" she asks. See, I kind of wish she didn't ask me a question because it's going to be hard telling her I'm leaving, but I don't want to be rude and not answer.

"I'm very thankful for you guys giving me a place to stay but I'm leaving," I tell her. Her eyes widen and she looks upstairs, probably to Lorenzo's office and down to me.

"It's almost one in the morning," she hesitates.

"I know but I want to leave now," I tell her. I hear a door slam shut loudly and I look up in the direction.

Lorenzo is standing at the top of the steps and he looks pissed. This man looks to be so mad he might burst a blood vessel.

"Brielle," he grumbles and I raise a brow. Is he going to tell me that I'm getting a job or is he going to continue acting like a prick that owns me?

"Come on," he says and I turn around, making my way to the door.

"Fine!" he shouts and I turn to him.

"Yes," I sing. I manage to prevent a smile from showing on my face.

"You can have a job. I'll see if I could do something," he says, obviously annoyed because I won the argument.

I break into a smile and he doesn't give one back but I don't care.

I won.

- транс -

Lorenzo worked hard to find a job for me. I had asked for a night job since I'm so used to working nights.

We're driving to the place where, hopefully, my next job is going to be at. I'm happy because it's not that far, only about 20 minutes away by car. Much better than my old job that was around 40.

We arrive at the place and we step outside. The casino is absolutely beautiful. It looks grand and fancy, like a castle or a mansion. Something like that.

We're here for an interview that Lorenzo and the boss talked about yesterday.

I begin walking but then stop when I don't hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Lorenzo leaning against his car pulling out a cigarette.