Pinky Promise

pinky promise [noun]

the most sacred vow anyone can swear to. 

if broken you must suffer the consequences.

I'm downstairs eating a breakfast burrito that Dariya bought for everyone. For breakfast everybody got some sort of Taco Bell.

I'm a slut for some Taco Bell.

Cai walks into the kitchen and tells me, "Brielle, Lorenzo wants to speak to you in his office."

I nod, sadly putting down my burrito on the plate. After the kiss, Lorenzo is being a bitch to me. He barely talks to me. I kind of did reject him and I can't blame for how he's acting. He's just being petty and harsh towards me.

Once again being nice and then being rude after the smallest thing. Sensitive son of a bitch.

However this is the first time he "wants" to talk to me.

I stand up and look at Dariya.

"You eat a bite out of my burrito Dariya and I swear to god I will swing on you," I threaten and she laughs.

"I won't. I promise," she says and I smile, triumphantly.

I sigh and go upstairs to his office. I manage to get a hang of things both here and at my workplace. I love it. Lorenzo is right. It's similar to my old job but with much better consistent pay and I don't have to be naked or be scared that somebody could be following me.

Plus I made a couple of friends and they're much nicer than strippers.

I enter inside and sit down on the chair in front of him.

"I want to bring you somewhere," he tells me but he doesn't even look up. Everytime I used to speak to him he would look up and smile. Even after the whole 'I need a job' argument.

He must be really mad but he's acting childish.

"Huh? Where?" I ask. He finally puts down the paper and looks up at me. My heart skips a beat.

"Every couple of months there's a gala that we attend. I would like you to come with us," he explains. Is it something like a ball? Oh, I can't wait. This is exciting.

Fancy.

"Who comes?" I ask.

"Us, business men, other dangerous people," he states. Other dangerous people.

"Like more mafias?" I ask.

"Yes."

"No. I don't want to go," I refuse.

"Okay. I understand. That's all I want to know," he replies and goes back to reading or doing whatever work he was doing before I entered.

I get up out of the chair and exit the room. I turn only to be met with Dariya. Was she eavesdropping?

"I heard that you said no," she mutters and I nod. Obviously I said no. I don't care if we're going to the white house, if more mafias are there than absolutely not.

"Please reconsider. I'm tired of being the only girl there," she complains which causes me to roll my eyes.

"What about Violet?" I ask. I don't see her here too often and the reason is that she spends a lot of time at the hospital.

"These ones she doesn't attend to. Not everyone there is... friendly," she explains. I make a small noise in agreement. I can't blame her.

I begin walking downstairs thinking that Dariya would drop the conversation but she continues speaking.