Objective: Darione

"no quote"  :)))

I go to Lorenzo's office and he smiles at me when he notices me.

He leans back from his computer and pats to his lap. I listen to him, sitting on his lap, straddling him and he wraps his arms around me.

"What are you going to do about the man?" I ask him, rubbing his cheek as he looks at me adoringly. He's really good-looking.

"I have no idea," he admits, "This man is a ticking time bomb."

I hum, playing with his jet black curls, "I'm still pissed at his outrageous demands. $120,000 per year is the minimum he wants," he complains, "To be fully honest, I have the money to give him; it's not that hard to come by. Rather easy. In fact."

I hum in agreement. Rich people...

"I would've given it to him after more time to think, I mean he's always been vital to the group and I never had any issues with him, well his group in general. However, he handled it immaturely and took it out on my sister. I'm not giving him anything."

I stop playing with his hair and turn to look at him. I give him a wide smile and he smiles back.

"So... Can I help?" I ask and his smile drops causing me to press my lips together anxiously.

What is he going to say to my request?

"No."

"Lorenzo. You have to-"

"I don't have to do anything," he interrupts, "You're not helping out. It's too risky and dangerous."

I wrap my arms around his neck and he holds onto my tightly.

"Dariya said it would be less work for you. All I'm doing is helping you out," I assure him.

"Konechno, Dariya skazala eto," he grumbles, causing me to laugh since it's obvious he's mad, "That is true, doing what she told me would make it less work for me but..."

"But what?"

"I'm not putting you in harm's way." I roll my eyes at his response.

"This is a professional assassin we're dealing with. Best in California. If Dariya stepped down he would fill her position. That good." I nod, biting my lip nervously.

"I don't want you to get hurt either. It goes both ways," I tell him.

Someone knocks on the door and Lorenzo shouts, "Come in!" and gives me a peck on the lips making me smile brightly.

Cai walks in and it makes me blush a little but it seems like he really doesn't care about our situation and is holding a large stack of paper.

"Are you serious?" Enzo grumbles as Cai places the papers on the office desk. It's already messy to begin with and even more makes it worse. I refrain from laughing at Enzo's annoyance.

"I mean, if you want a more difficult way of dealing with Darione. There's more where that came from," he says, giving him a sly grin.

He turns to leave the door but Enzo asks him, "What's your input for bringing Brielle in?"

Cai turns to face him again, walking back up to the desk, "I personally agree with it, Dariya obviously does, so does Elijah. Shockingly Violet agreed to it and you know she likes her pacifist route," he explains and Enzo grumbles Russian sentences.

Obviously not agreeing with anything.

"Lorenzo," Cai says, "I will always be by Brielle's side. I swear to you. I'll train her to my fullest extent. With me, I promise, nothing will go wrong."